Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

I don't understand

(27 Posts)
Mey Tue 29-Jan-13 12:09:50

For years now we have all given donations to the starving in Africa and ever since I was little I was made very aware that there are children starving in Africa.

So the bit I don't understand is WHY are there STILL children starving in Africa after we have all given for so long.

When you see the TV adverts nothing has improved, they are all still starving.

It breaks my heart to see these poor innocent children in such pain.

I am going to be very daring here and say----If you lived in the UK or anywere in the civilised world you would only have as many children that you could afford and having more children than you could afford would be extremly irresponsible not to mention cruel.

So WHY do they continue to bring innocnet children into a world were they are certain to starve to death.

I will go one step furtherand ask WHY are they not given birth control!

I do not wish to cause any offence just airing my view and hope to get some of your views, just to see if I am the only person that feels this way.

Eloethan Thu 21-Feb-13 22:10:44

Agree with you Nelliemoser. Africa and many other countries have been exploited and their cultures descimated. Even when these countries gained independence, tin pot, corrupt leaders were often supported by affluent countries, on the understanding that they would do their bidding.

And, let's face it, it wasn't that long ago that people in the UK were having huge families - my granddad was one of 11.