Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Ipad swishing problem

(11 Posts)
petallus Mon 11-Feb-13 17:57:10

I am finding when I try to swish on my ipad things just stay there (sometimes). Particularly the case when I am at my new hobby, online jigsaw puzzling.

I thought it was to do with the fact that I have very cold hands but seems it is to do with drying out skin on the fingers, due to cold weather, and reduced conductivity of electric impulses across the skin.

Or something like that.

Has anybody else got this problem. I hear you can get special gloves for it.

Galen Mon 11-Feb-13 18:02:52

Yes I do.but it doesn't bother me. I don't swish! I waddleshock

Mamie Mon 11-Feb-13 18:03:44

Well I quite often end up somewhere unexpected! Also I find some pages jiggle about so you end up with the wrong link.
Out of interest, which are the best jigsaw apps? Not sure we have time between games of Scrabble, though!

glammanana Mon 11-Feb-13 18:04:02

petallus how strange I have never had this problem with mine,could you try cleaning the screen with the wipes you can get from PCWorld they take away any deposits on the screen that maybe you can't see.? just a thought.

bookdreamer Mon 11-Feb-13 18:26:14

I, too, would be interested to know the best online jigsaw puzzle sites.

annodomini Mon 11-Feb-13 18:38:37

Have a look at this. It offers various sizes of puzzle. I avoid the really big ones because I think they would need a huge screen. There are always new puzzles because users supply them from all over the world day and night.

shysal Mon 11-Feb-13 18:45:11

I sometimes have trouble controlling my touch screen, so I have some of these stylus pens. DD has special gloves with conductive finger tips to use on her iphone in the cold.

petallus Mon 11-Feb-13 18:57:54

It's the gloves I am interested in.

I have found the best puzzle sites to be:

JigsawWorld
Puzzle Man 3
PuzleMan Pro

shysal Mon 11-Feb-13 19:33:06

You will find a huge choice of touch screen gloves on ebay or Amazon. They range from cheap knitted ones to more expensive leather.

petallus Mon 11-Feb-13 20:57:23

Thanks. Wondered if they were any good.

shysal Mon 11-Feb-13 21:53:43

I bought several pairs of the gloves for Christmas stocking fillers, so had a little try. They seemed to work well.