Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Groceries at Centreparc?

(14 Posts)
Stansgran Wed 03-Apr-13 09:30:24

Ipad doing strange things today .good I meant

Stansgran Wed 03-Apr-13 09:28:56

Booths is aa very goog supermarket in the lakes but I don't know if they do deliveries. It might be worth checking them

Notso Wed 03-Apr-13 06:46:01

Lully I always take sweets & drinks with me when taking DGC to the cinema. On the only occasion I was spoken to by staff about it I just said the children had certain allergies and I had to ensure they only had 'safe' refreshments. All nonsense of course, but who's going to argue?

glassortwo Tue 02-Apr-13 20:00:51

silver This might make more sense now I am on laptop grin could you not drop the family at Centre Parc then go and do Click and collect and take the shopping back. I dont know how far the nearest Tesco is, you could set the order up now and just book for collection so its one more thing off your mind.
I know what you mean about having to leave one of the children at home its the same when we all go away, and shopping is one thing too many.
Have a good holiday.

BAnanas Tue 02-Apr-13 19:57:01

Silversands I have been to that Centerparc, maybe about 10 years ago. If I remember rightly Penrith is quite near with a good selection of shops, but maybe you don't want to waste time going off site that would be understandable. The supermarket on site can be expensive for some things and their range isn't great I was at the Longleat one last year.

Ana Tue 02-Apr-13 19:45:41

Trailer...? grin

Silversands Tue 02-Apr-13 19:44:01

Oh well back to the drawing board, as its impossible to actually take groceries, as would have to leave one of the children to make enough room in the car - hmmmmm not a bad idea!

glassortwo Tue 02-Apr-13 17:29:41

Sorry predigte Text on phone.

glassortwo Tue 02-Apr-13 17:28:30

You can get a delivery to another address Did it last time we went away Not sure if Center Paris would allowed it!
You could do click and collect from store then just Take in with you.

kittylester Tue 02-Apr-13 17:18:34

Take your groceries with you. Do centerparcs still have a policy of no traffic in the villa area? In which case, presumably that includes Tesco vans.

LullyDully Tue 02-Apr-13 17:08:49

Phone them or email. It would be a bit high handed for them to complain but I expect they have a policy against the practice. Bit like the cinema not letting you take drinks or popcorn in.

Ana Tue 02-Apr-13 16:52:43

But could Centreparc actually prevent a Tesco delivery? Can you actually request deliveries to a different address from your permanent one if you have an account with them? confused

kittylester Tue 02-Apr-13 16:40:11

Would doubt it as they have their own supermatket, silver

Silversands Tue 02-Apr-13 16:22:48

Does anyone know if you can have Groceries delivered from Tesco (or similar suprmarket) directly to your Lodge at Centreparc Cumbria. I know Centreparc have a supermarket on site but I have heard it is very expensive.