Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Christmas presents for toddlers

(29 Posts)
J52 Tue 18-Nov-14 12:56:02

Wooden pretend fruit and veg that are held together by magnets, were popular with our GD when she had a pretend kitchen. Also tea set etc. quite a few places do them. In fact anything that encourages imaginative play and real life. They love copying the grown ups, at this age. X

Nelliemoser Tue 18-Nov-14 12:41:07

I bought DGS an Ikea toy kitchen which he loves. His birthday is at the end of September and this really a joint Xmas and birthday present. I will get a few little things for the but he gets far more stuff than he needs from several other relatives.

annodomini Tue 18-Nov-14 12:14:49

That sounds like plenty for a child that age. I'm sure she will love that rocking chair. I tend to give the 'big' presents for birthdays and lesser ones - but, I hope, well chosen - for Christmas. This spreads the cost over the year. Ask her parents what stocking fillers you could provide for Santa's visit.

Lolasgran Tue 18-Nov-14 11:54:19

Has anyone any suggestions for Christmas present for granddaughter aged 2. Have ordered a personalised rocking chair but apart from a doll ive not much idea....Help appreciated !