Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Vacuum cleaners - corded or cordless?

(107 Posts)
MawBroon Wed 13-Feb-19 08:26:02

My cleaner brings his(yes!) own a maxi version of a Henry, but my corded Miele sits in the garage and I would not be parted from my cordless Dyson Animal for anything which is ideal for a quick hoover- over or dirty Paw emergency

tanith Wed 13-Feb-19 08:22:01

In that case get the cordless as you don’t do the whole house in one go.

kittylester Wed 13-Feb-19 08:19:35

It would be used by the cleaner to do either upstairs or down in one morning and, on occassions, in between.

tanith Wed 13-Feb-19 08:16:47

I love my cordless Dyson it’s just so versatile and light to use. Do you ever vacuum the whole house in one go? I only have a two bedroom house and it is plenty of charge for the whole house including doing under the sofas cushions hard floors in kitchen and bathroom.

Anja Wed 13-Feb-19 08:14:52

Cordless

Razzy Wed 13-Feb-19 08:11:35

I’m going to replace my Dyson with a cordless. Although the run time seems low, I don’t think I ever vacuum continuously for more than 40 minutes.

kittylester Wed 13-Feb-19 07:43:00

Advice please!

Our current Dyson is on its last legs so I am going to replace it. My dilemma is - do I choose a corded one or a cordless? And what make?

Our house is quite big with carpeted floors apart from the bathrooms and kitchen. We have 2 staircases.

I really fancy a cordless but we have 3 cats so need a powerful vacuum. The longest run time I can find seems to be 40 minutes which would not be long enough to do the whole house.

But, corded ones are so heavy for carting up and down stairs.

Has anyone got any recommendations?

Please ignore the fact that we've just had a plug put under the stairs for a rechargeable one. blush