Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Music festival

(30 Posts)
cornergran Mon 10-Jun-19 22:57:30

It sounds as if your event is both planned and paid for and your daughter has since asked you to babysit. If that’s the case why not explain to your daughter and offer to the take the baby if she’s happy for you to do so and you honestly believe you could cope with unexpected baby issues. If that particular evening is vital for your daughter is there an alternative babysitter? I’m wondering how your relationship is. Are you worried about your daughters reaction if you say ‘no’ to her request? It’s certainly not something to consider without your daughters blessing so first step is a conversation with her. You can’t decide until then.

Callistemon Mon 10-Jun-19 22:40:50

What if she cries and won't be pacified?
You would have to take her out or risk her spoiling the event for others as well as yourself.
Is there no-one else who can babysit?
And whose event was planned first?

SisterAct Mon 10-Jun-19 22:36:49

If you are already booked to go out, why can't you say sorry
we are out, so not on this time.

As Luckygirl says ask DD, but personally not something I would do.

Luckygirl Mon 10-Jun-19 22:31:47

We used to lug our little lasses all over the place from a very young age.

What does your DD think? - I guess that is the crux of the matter. And what is she going to that is so important that you must babysit at that moment?

I would take a baby of my own, but probably not a GC so young.

Abuelana Mon 10-Jun-19 22:27:04

Ok I’m only asking and prepared to be shot down.
DD has asked me to babysit our GD who will only be 4 months old.
If I were to buy the best noise reduction earphones would it be ok to take baby to a music festival ?
We have VIP tickets seated with tables and we would not drink - just not sure it’s the right thing to do... it’s in a small stadium. Hoping to get some insight in what’s correct or not. My gut feeling is it’s a no no ?