Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

"We taught them how to fly"

(28 Posts)
lemongrove Mon 17-Aug-20 18:04:04

I think it does take a long time to adjust to this situation.
I also now realise that our AC don’t seem to remember as much as I thought they would about their childhood.I hadn’t fully realised that although 25 years ago doesn’t seem that long ago to me, it certainly does to them! Which is a kind of sadness.They were the best days for me, but that’s life, all change.

Peardrop50 Mon 17-Aug-20 17:59:09

I agree Fennel, we taught them to fly and should be proud of how they soar but gosh yes, we miss them.
Maybe it's the covid thing but only last evening, for the first time in many years, I got a bit tearful and told Mr P I just wanted our boys home for a big hug and some laughs.
Of course the daughters in law and grandchildren too but I just had a strong desire to go back to just 'us' for a while.

Fennel Mon 17-Aug-20 17:50:16

We're missing our children and granchildren so much these days. We tried to bring them up to be able to fend for themslves and make their own lives and families, with the same principlee as we had . Give or take many mistakes we did. Better than we did because they have adapted to social changes.
But now, I wish we were all back in those creative days. They've gone far and we miss them.