Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

click safe. Has anyone else had this problem?

(9 Posts)
kathsue Fri 14-Sep-18 14:02:21

Tried to order groceries from ASDA this morning. Everything went as normal until I got to the payment stage. After I put in the payment details it goes to the clicksafe page which checks with my bank. Today it said this website temporarily unavailable or may have moved, so I couldn't make the payment.

I tried several times and with different cards but no result.

I rang the bank which said there was no reason why the payment couldn't be made. ASDA suggested I use a different app to order with.

I've wasted half the day on this and don't know what to next. It would have been quicker to go to the store!

Any suggestions please

OldMeg Fri 14-Sep-18 14:43:53

Did you actually check with your bank(s) that the payment didn’t actually go through?

kathsue Fri 14-Sep-18 15:25:26

Yes, she said she could see the requests for payment but nothing had gone through. I'm going to keep checking my bank account to make sure they don't suddenly take a lot of money off me!

kathsue Fri 14-Sep-18 15:27:28

Just used same card to buy a pair of jeans for GS on a different site. No problems at all.

OldMeg Fri 14-Sep-18 15:27:32

Good idea. But one or the other, your bank or Asda, ought to know where the fault lies...unless your internet link dropped off suddenly?

kathsue Fri 14-Sep-18 17:24:32

I would have thought so, Meg, but they don't seem to understand. I'm not very technically minded but it seems to be a link between the store and the bank which verifies my debit card. It's not actually owned by either. It often pops up, says it is verifying my card then the transaction goes through. Never had any problem before. It seems like the website for this link has gone down.

I'm going to leave it for now, maybe try again tomorrow. I've sent my DGS up to the local shop for milk, bread and toilet rolls grin so we'll survive.

Thanks for listening.

OldMeg Fri 14-Sep-18 19:32:33

I see this when I make a payment on line. It is your bank verification. I used to have a code to put in but since I now only use Very Safe Sites they don’t seem to bother.

Hope you’ve got something to eat in the meantime, apart from the essentials your DH has fetched!

justwokeup Fri 14-Sep-18 19:59:27

When I had a similar problem with an online order, their IT people recommended I use another browser (I use Safari). I switched to another one (lots to choose from) and the order and payment were accepted immediately. I'm not sure why I should change my browser, as I don't have a problem with any other store, but it did work, if you think it might be worth trying.

kathsue Sat 15-Sep-18 15:58:23

Thank you justwokeup. Booked a hotel today and verification thingy worked fine so I tried groceries again. No joy so tried another server which worked perfectly. I just don't understand why it happens confused.
oldmeg I've got food in freezer to keep us going. Order is now arriving Monday, think we'll have takeaway tonight.smile