Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Cash in the attic? Carmen rollers.

(6 Posts)
Grammaretto Sat 23-Feb-19 20:05:24

I've been decluttering a little and have come across things which I can't decide are junk or collector's items.
Namely my DM's Carmen rollers from the 1960s and gt aunt's Hoover upright vacuum cleaner with fabric bag. There's a pressure cooker which looks like an original.
Do any of you go to car boot sales? Does anybody want things like this?
I can't tell what's worth keeping.
It would be great to clear the attic.

annodomini Sat 23-Feb-19 20:11:24

Much as I loved my Carmen Rollers in the 60s, helping me to achieve that 'bouffant' look, I don't this there would be a great demand for them now!

Elegran Sat 23-Feb-19 20:17:03

Have a look on Ebay for anything you think might just be a collectable. People collect the strangest things!

BlueBelle Sat 23-Feb-19 20:21:01

Hi Gramarretta Well on eBay sets of carmen rollers start at about £10 one set is £54 most seem to go up for about 15 to 20 but there’s different sorts So youd need to look yourself to see where yours fit in

Grammaretto Sat 23-Feb-19 20:24:23

I never thought to look on eBay. Thanks.
It would be fun to think they are getting a new lease of life.

BlueBelle Sat 23-Feb-19 20:28:46

Vintage hoovers seem to start about £20 upwards and upwards I guess depending on how pristine they look and if they work and age
Good luck I love ebay most things I sell go for a few pounds but I did have a surprise with a very bland teapot I had given my NaN in the late 60s when I came home from HK I put it on for a fiver and it went for £195 it was very exciting