Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Daughter has very faint line on pregnancy test

(36 Posts)
Nanaju Mon 24-Feb-20 16:42:23

My eldest daughter has been through a lot these last twelve months, One miscarriage and one still birth, she is 4 days late with no symptoms other than burping, she has taken a test using clear blue and a very faint line appeared, (I struggle to see it), today she has seen a tiny bit of pink after wiping. She is very anxious and worried about a chemical pregnancy or ectopic, always over thinks. I have told her to be patient and wait a few more days to see if bleeding occurs and re-test using a digital test in a few days if not. I am so worried for her. Would love to hear if anyone else has experienced this?

notanan2 Mon 24-Feb-20 16:51:47

Its a little late for implantation bleeding.

Some people bleed throughout pregnancies but on the other hand, sometimes early testing just adds to upset x

knickas63 Mon 24-Feb-20 16:54:40

I did. Tests are accurate so early nowadays, and it shows up a pregnancy when it would have been considered just a late period, so you experience a baby loss - when before it wouldn't have meant much. I do hope that the pregnancy continues. a bit of breakthrough bleeding is quite common in the early months. But I think (and I hope I am wrong) that the faintness of the lines means the hormones are not strong, and may not maintain the pregnancy. Wishing her all the love and luck in the world. (BTW - Clearblue was the only test I would trust)

endlessstrife Mon 24-Feb-20 16:56:51

They test for everything so early now, and then get anxious around it which doesn’t help. I had all this with my daughter. You can now get tests which pick up the pregnancy hormone before implantation, which is why you get the very faint line. She could be pregnant, but it needs to implant, and this is the crucial stage. Years ago, we knew nothing of this of course, and think we were better for it. The key thing is to relax and wait. Easy to say I know, my daughter was on tenterhooks! Hope it works out positive for her.

endlessstrife Mon 24-Feb-20 16:59:20

Sorry, I missed where you said she is 4 days late. She could be lucky, hope so.

SirChenjin Mon 24-Feb-20 17:01:10

My very faint line is now 20 years old and typing her university essay in the next room smile

Every pregnancy is different though, as you’ll know - only time will tell whether your DD will have a successful outcome. Sending you lots of positive thoughts and good wishes thanks

mary51 Mon 24-Feb-20 17:04:22

Lovely reply Sir Chenjin

Nanaju Tue 25-Feb-20 11:19:17

Thank you for your responses, update is no bleeding and a test yesterday shows more than a faint line. She has a doctors appointment to see if her hcg's are rising.

MarieEliza Tue 25-Feb-20 12:11:42

Maybe check with her GP

Theoddbird Tue 25-Feb-20 12:11:45

Hope it all goes well x

Nannan2 Tue 25-Feb-20 12:14:32

Today looks more promising then.good luck with this! ( my faint lines also are now 21 and soon 17 ! Both at uni& college) incidentally both were born prematurely,no idea if thats connected or not to any 'hormones'?-but probably not.dont want to give you even more to worry about!smile

GandT Tue 25-Feb-20 12:15:49

It was third time lucky for my DD. The stats for baby loss were a total surprise to me. Every step of the way was torment for DD during that final pregnancy but the outcome was a happy one. Here's hoping for your DD too.

eroticelder92 Tue 25-Feb-20 12:15:58

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SirChenjin Tue 25-Feb-20 12:16:02

That looks like a pretty clear line! Fingers and toes crossed for you all smile

SirChenjin Tue 25-Feb-20 12:17:09

I’ve reported the stupid war camp post.

notreallyagran Tue 25-Feb-20 12:44:26

So have I

jaylucy Tue 25-Feb-20 12:44:54

Fingers crossed that it is a positive result for her. It is a scary time for her , but a visit to the GP is a must.
I too had a stillbirth , followed by a miscarriage and when it came to my third pregnancy , I was just about a nervous wreck !
Thankfully, I had an amazing GP (I was in Australia at the time) who took great care of me throughout. The number of blood an urine tests, and ultrasounds that I had were above and beyond the normal pregnancy rate, but well worth it and very reassuring.
Unfortunately, when it came to the actual birth (2 weeks BDD) my wonderful GP was on a call with another patient elsewhere in the hospital and missed the birth by 20 minutes!

jaylucy Tue 25-Feb-20 12:45:52

P S My son is now nearly 34 !

Jue1 Tue 25-Feb-20 12:48:36

How sad and challenging for all of you. Demonstrate patience even if she doesn’t..

maddyone Tue 25-Feb-20 13:02:20

That’s a horrid comment about war camp. Is it a troll?

SirChenin and Nannan2 both had faint lines and now have adult children. Hope all goes well this time Nanaju.

sharon103 Tue 25-Feb-20 13:18:22

It looks like a clear line to me too but the doctor will be able to confirm.
I hope all goes well.

Pix5 Tue 25-Feb-20 13:18:47

I hope everything will be okay, fingers crossed bless her x

kwest Tue 25-Feb-20 13:27:35

Sending positive thoughts . xxx

BoBo53 Tue 25-Feb-20 13:36:04

Pray all will be well! Xx

JaneNJ Tue 25-Feb-20 14:11:26

Going through the same with my daughter. She had a miscarriage at 7 weeks and had to terminate the second pregnancy at 17 weeks. (It was determined it wasn’t viable).
She & husband had multiple tests including the testing of the aborted fetuses helped tremendously since they found no genetic issues or anything family related. They were told it was just random and to try again. The good news, which it seems with your daughter, is the ability to conceive. So many young women nowadays have fertility problems. So while anxiety is expected, we are all staying positive.