Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What will our High Streets look like post CV?

(4 Posts)
NanKate Sat 28-Mar-20 21:30:29

With all our shops, cafes and restaurants now closed what will our shopping centres and High Streets look like when we return to some normality ?

I hear Carluccios will be closing and many independent cafes will go. Will any of the big stores be able to get up and running again ?

In our small Thames side town we had so many cafes, restaurants and interesting shops, I can’t imagine many surviving. I hope we don’t become a ghost town

Maybe we have seen the best of times. I wish I had fully appreciated it whilst I had it.

BradfordLass73 Sun 29-Mar-20 08:48:45

I very much fear small businesses will fail - it's heartbreaking but IF the governments have 'Start Again' packages, which I hope will happen, they may come back.

grannypiper Sun 29-Mar-20 09:41:18

Hopefully we will all have realised just how important our small business are and we will see the High Street make a comeback. We need to turn our back on tat made in Asia

vampirequeen Sun 29-Mar-20 09:47:54

It's the small businesses that will bear the brunt. Many around here were already surviving by the skin of their teeth.

However one larger company, a well known kitchen manufacturer, has used CV as an opportunity to shed staff without having to go through the correct procedures. Scum.