Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Lost Stock Mystery Box

(9 Posts)
Stoker48 Thu 04-Jun-20 11:32:45

I’ve read a couple of articles about the above.
Apparently, for £39 you will receive a box of at least three clothing items worth £70 or more. The fashions come direct from the Bangladesh factory where they were made and the mystery boxes are designed to
Provide a financial lifeline to the workers who supply big high street names.
Apparently, almost £13 of the proceeds from each box is directly donated back.
Sounds like an interesting and worthy concept. Has anyone tried it?
What did you receive and were you happy?!

BlueBelle Thu 04-Jun-20 11:40:30

Are you sure it’s not a scam I ve never heard of it but perhaps I m over suspicious they always say if something sounds too good to be true it usually is
You haven’t given any link to it so no idea really

Jane10 Thu 04-Jun-20 12:10:14

It's definitely not a scam. I've already ordered one. I'm not really bothered what arrives but I'm keen to do anything that supports the Bangladesh garment workers. I've seen their working and life conditions and they are pretty awful at the best of times.
This box idea has been widely promoted across mainstream and social media. The company behind it is called 'Mallzee'.

MiniMoon Thu 04-Jun-20 12:11:41

Here's a link.
loststock.com/

Jane10 Thu 04-Jun-20 12:12:02

FYI I had to tick what size I wanted, colours or darks then patterned or plain. I'll be interested to see what eventually arrives!

Stoker48 Thu 04-Jun-20 14:45:00

Ooh! Please let us know what arrives!
Like you, I’m keen to support - so long as the items were ( sort of) age appropriate.

Stoker48 Thu 04-Jun-20 14:49:44

Newspaper article

midgey Thu 04-Jun-20 15:00:32

My daughter has ordered one. You have to tick a box for size, another for plain or patterned after that it’s pot luck! There is quite a wait now as the idea has taken off so packing and posting is taking longer.

Jane10 Thu 04-Jun-20 15:24:41

No matter what arrives I won't be looking for a refund. It will be interesting to see what's in my box.
I noticed that my favourite M&S pair of trousers were made in Bangladesh so fingers crossed.