Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Easylife Solutions booklet

(11 Posts)
Namsnanny Mon 25-Jan-21 16:26:50

I was thinking of buying a LED, cordless, battery operated, extendable, reading floor lamp, at £20.
I cant find it's equivalent anywhere else, even at a higher price.

But I have read a few bad reports on line, I'm not sure if the complaints are from a reliable source.

Has anyone bought from this company? They distribute a leaflet.

lemsip Mon 25-Jan-21 17:08:39

just google the words Easylife reviews. see for yourself. There may well be some satisfied customers but doesn't look good.

Namsnanny Mon 25-Jan-21 17:11:51

Cancel above query......found one!! grin

Namsnanny Mon 25-Jan-21 17:13:23

Thanks lemsip thats what I did, but I dont trust the t'internet for either good or bad reviews!
Prefer word of mouth.

HAZBEEN Mon 25-Jan-21 19:23:02

There was a recent thread on Easylife. In my own experience will not touch the company ever again! Had dealings with them that ended up a nightmare that lasted 6 months.

Ohmother Mon 25-Jan-21 19:29:25

Don’t trust Trustpilot reviews. The companies pay them to remove negative reviews.

harrigran Tue 26-Jan-21 10:04:25

No I wouldn't touch the company, blocked emails from them because they kept cold calling us and suggesting what we should buy.

M0nica Tue 26-Jan-21 10:26:35

Namsnanny I am glad you have found an alternative source. But let us keep this thread going the bigger it gets and the more people read it, the more who will be saved from this company.

Avoid them like the plague, once you are in their clutches they have ways of extracting money from that you did not know existed.

In the past I had to extract several of my Age Concern (as was) clients from their clutches.

henetha Tue 26-Jan-21 10:31:20

I'm ovewhelmed by mail from Easylife although I have never bought anything from them.

bikergran Tue 26-Jan-21 19:32:40

Just search "easylife" it will bring up the other thread.

I have to ring them tomorrow, to try and have some money refunded, that was taken out of my mums account £99-00 Plus found out they had been taking the odd £69 over the last years, goodness knows how much else as I've not gone back that far, another £14 in October last year!

Without repeating myself, once you order anything! from the catalogue, they give you a FREE membership, they don't ask you they just give it you free for 21 days, if you don't rem to cancel they then start charging you membership fees.

Puzzled Wed 27-Jan-21 17:38:24

That sounds like Relaxation Selling which was made illegal years in UK
Although Amazon will start you on Prime free for 30 days, and then, unless you cancel, you are in for gbp 79.99 p.a.
If anyone has these sort of problems, Trading Standards might be interested.