Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Where to look

(10 Posts)
Parky Mon 01-Mar-21 10:20:28

I live in a small town where the clothes shops I used to frequent have closed down. It looks like I will have to look online. The trouble is where do I shop, I'm a slim 75 year old who feels the cold so wanting casual sweaters, skirts and tops for going out. Sorry we are not locked down, just trapped on an island.

I don't like tight tops or midi length skirts, quite fancy 'handerchief' hem. My only foray into online clothes ended up with stuff taking 2 months to get here and then very poor quality.

Where do you shop? Any advice much appreciated

Kim19 Mon 01-Mar-21 10:27:07

I regularly find 'Lands end' good for basic durable items.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 01-Mar-21 10:30:18

Where do you live? If you know your size with M&S, you could try them on-line. Funnily enough a friend has just recommended Woolovers.com

timetogo2016 Mon 01-Mar-21 10:32:56

I tend to look on-line,Amazon/M n S ect.
But if you dp buy from china there clothes come smaller than you expect.
I bought a dress from a company called light in the box,made to measure and not expensive and the quality was wonderfull.
Hope thats helpfull Parky.

NellG Mon 01-Mar-21 10:39:29

Seasalt is good - not the cheapest but very good quality. Thought clothing do some nice pieces too. White Stuff started as a surf type shop but does nice, casual wear with a bit of 'interest'. Stick with the UK sites if you want quick delivery.

I don't know what your price range might be, but Poetry do some lovely things as do Mistral.

I also like Masai and Gudrun Sjogren (sp?)

M0nica Mon 01-Mar-21 11:09:59

I would recommend: Landsend, good for jeans and trousers, Woolovers, Brora, Country Casuals (seems to now be owned by Edinburgh Woollen Mills), Cotswold Casuals, David Nieper, M&S

Redhead56 Mon 01-Mar-21 11:20:14

Dobbies garden centres they sell nice casual cosy clothes and shoes like (Country Casuals) not expensive. See if there is one near you I like my woolly jumpers and fleecy tops from there.

Parky Mon 01-Mar-21 14:06:52

Thank you for your advice. Will have a look for the recommended companies, surprised to see a garden centre, never thought of these for cothing, apat from gloves!

Deedi Fri 05-Mar-21 10:43:36

Hi Help Needed Please
How do I include a photo or any attachment to my comment?

Blossoming Fri 05-Mar-21 10:46:54

Click on the ‘Choose File’ buttons and upload from your device.