Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Summer Face

(8 Posts)
Beesh Wed 16-Jun-21 12:26:40

Now that the Summer has eventually arrived I feel that my normal make-up (foundation) is too heavy. I don’t always trust reviews in magazines and newspapers as think they are probably receiving some sort of recompense for advertising and giving a good review. Therefore I am asking Gransnetters for advice on what, if anything, you have found to fit the bill. I am 67, with a fair colouring and dark blonde hair. I am looking for something with light coverage that covers slight pigmentation and broken veins. I look forward to your recommendations.

Nansnet Wed 16-Jun-21 12:38:09

Trinny London BFF SPF30 Cream Skin Perfector. It's like a light moisturiser, with a slight tint which evens out your skin tone. I hate foundations, as I always find them too heavy. This is a great alternative, and gives a lovely glow. I also use a bit of the Golden Glow Bronzer (matt, not shimmery) on top of it too, which gives a lovely summery 'tanned' look. Now my skin is ageing, I have become a convert to Trinny London cream based products, which are much more suitable for ageing skin. I love the whole range! You can do a 'match to me' online to check out your colour range for all of the products too.

Beesh Wed 16-Jun-21 13:00:53

Thank you. I have just started to “follow” Trinny on line and her products always seem to get good reviews.

Esspee Wed 16-Jun-21 13:14:03

I feel that foundation on older skin ages you. I prefer a matt moisturiser for a more natural look.

BigBertha1 Wed 16-Jun-21 14:28:15

I use NARS Pure Radiance Tinted Moisturiser with SPF nice and light but evens out the skin tones. Boots on line have it.

JenniferEccles Wed 16-Jun-21 14:33:59

I will be watching this with interest as I have similar colouring to you Beesh

grandmabear Thu 17-Jun-21 20:56:28

I find if I use anything other than bb cream it's too heavy. I prefer the body shop variety. It evens out skin tone without looking like you are wearing make up.

May7 Thu 17-Jun-21 21:22:55

I use Boots no 7 City Light tinted moisturizer. It has a SPF 15 . It's a matt finish and covers slight blemishes. I find it gives me an even skin tone. It also won't break the bank
Boots regularly have offers on as well.