Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Bright coloured boy's trousers!

(9 Posts)
MiniMoon Wed 16-Jun-21 15:23:42

My DD has come to me with a problem. Where do you find red, green or bright blue trousers to fit a 10 year old boy.
Plenty for younger boys, but when the sizing gets to age ten, the colourful ones disappear, and black, dark blue etc. appear, plus they all become slim or skinny fit. How can you climb trees in those?
Any ideas on where to look for happy coloured trousers?
(Ps. my grandson is a tall 8 Yr old).

NotSpaghetti Wed 16-Jun-21 15:30:24

www.polarnopyret.co.uk/collections/6-12years-trousers-shorts/products/unisex-green-kids-green-jeans-60456027-553

www.welovefrugi.com/kids-clothes/trousers-dungarees-shorts/+9-10-years/+boysboys

NotSpaghetti Wed 16-Jun-21 15:32:40

www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0943747004.html?pr_oyster=hfrHQ3ku7Q&gclid=CjwKCAjwwqaGBhBKEiwAMk-FtBZ4BRdZhRoG9RXYBdBZYEUXvw2zXpu-GjexlpJIptudf_TlFmC3JxoCu1gQAvD_BwE

These are three of the places I shop for my 9 year old grandson who loves bright colours and patterns.

Good luck.

NotSpaghetti Wed 16-Jun-21 15:41:42

Also here:
www.childrensalon.com/sale/ss21?gclid=CjwKCAjwwqaGBhBKEiwAMk-FtNspkMuQ04YtIONSjCyu8GyEXiP8Yy8y7ba7JGGffp3JIAxd4fOl1hoCGLcQAvD_BwE

And the "outlet" of the shop above...

Also google "Mayoral" as we had some lovely mustard ones of this brand.

The more I think of it, the more places I remember!

MiniMoon Wed 16-Jun-21 15:44:07

I should probably add that he has x-linked ichthyosis, and doesn't like slim fit or skinny jeans. His skin doesn't shed properly and he has a tendency to overheat. It's a familial condition.

NotSpaghetti Wed 16-Jun-21 15:52:47

Ah yes, the H&M ones are slim fit but look at their others - and their joggers maybe. They had some lightweight ones last year.
My grandson had some soft organic chinos from there last year too - and I can't imagine they were slim fit...

There are actually quite a lot out there I think.
Good luck

MiniMoon Wed 16-Jun-21 17:15:47

Thanks for all the links Not spaghetti. We will just have to keep trawling the internet until we find some suitable trousers. As my DGS doesn't care for shorts, it is proving difficult.

Casdon Wed 16-Jun-21 17:16:47

Boden do chinos in bright colours, they might fit the bill. The sale’s in a couple of weeks, as unfortunately they are quite expensive.

25Avalon Wed 16-Jun-21 17:20:30

Try Frugi. They go up to age 10. Not cheap but they do have a sale on at the moment.