Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Anyone been outside yet?

(7 Posts)
Riverwalk Wed 22-Mar-23 11:06:59

What started as a drizzly and gloomy morning has turned into sunshine sunshine and a balmy 13C.

I've been faffing around all morning but soon off to dance class - 20 minutes walk each way, and an hour of lumbering around in leggings and a T-shirt.

Fleurpepper Wed 22-Mar-23 11:08:12

Absolutely gorgeous here- proper Spring and warm sunshine and not a puff of wind. Bliss.

GagaJo Wed 22-Mar-23 11:28:56

Blasting wind in the NE of the UK. But that's as normal. It is sunny though! It's 11.30am and I've got the third batch of washing on the line!

It's the little things...

NanaDana Wed 22-Mar-23 11:43:59

With two Cavapoos, "not going outside" is not an option. First quick "comfort break" circuit at 6 a.m., so much better now that dawn has broken by then. Sunny this morning here at bonny Berwick upon Tweed, but very windy, so will forgo our usual, pleasant cuppa and a homemade scone sitting outside on the quayside, with pleasant river views. Plenty of dog friendly cafes here, but much prefer the fresh air when poss. Enjoy your day, wherever you are, and whatever you're doing.

notgran Wed 22-Mar-23 11:53:11

It's lovely here. I would happily just sit in the garden but as we are going away next week I'm washing (it's drying outside) , ironing, packing and re-planting house plants. Lovely to have the doors and windows open. Makes me glad to be alive ๐Ÿ˜

Caramelkeg Wed 22-Mar-23 16:29:10

I'm in the same area as Gagajo. Lovely and sunny, but I hated the sound of the wind in the early hours, it gives me the willies! (I was dreading an emoji popping up there grin)

GagaJo Wed 22-Mar-23 19:37:01

Caramelkeg

I'm in the same area as Gagajo. Lovely and sunny, but I hated the sound of the wind in the early hours, it gives me the willies! (I was dreading an emoji popping up there grin)

Bin day for us. My bin blew over at 5am (I could hear it) so I had to go out and pick it up and the recycling that had blown out. Fortunately, I was able to get back to sleep.