Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Mr Scribbles

(84 Posts)
Scribbles Tue 21-Jan-20 22:14:15

Many kind GNers have expressed their love and concern and said prayers for my OH after I told on the "Prayer" thread of his being hit by a car and seriously injured.

Sadly, there is no good news to report. Despite the skill and care of the dedicated team in ICU at Queens Medical Centre, his injuries proved insurmountable and the decision was made, with the full and informed support of Daughter and me, to withdraw life support.

I held his hand, that loving hand, as he died and know that we were right to let him suffer no further pain. But now I have to face a future without my best friend at my side and have no idea if or how I will cope.

The awfulness is compounded by the requirement for a Home Office post mortem which means it will be at least another week before we can have the death certificate and begin the turgid process of registering the death, notifying all and sundry bureaucratic bodies and arranging a funeral.

I know that many of you have trod this road before me and so will understand the lonely, lonely prospect of waking every day without him. Daughter, friends, neighbours, even the police are all wonderfully kind but nothing will ever make up for knowing that loving, gentle and steadfast man is gone forever and I will never hear his voice again.
Farewell, my darling.

Gemini1789 Tue 21-Jan-20 22:19:47

I am so sorry to hear this awful news. I have been thinking about you . Very sad.

Jane10 Tue 21-Jan-20 22:22:19

Oh you poor thing. How awful. Too easy to say trite things but I won't other than that I'll be thinking of you and sending positive vibes.

mumofmadboys Tue 21-Jan-20 22:24:44

Very sorry to hear your news.

Harris27 Tue 21-Jan-20 22:25:11

Thinking of you at this awful time. No way can I say anything else than I’m so very sorry.

GrannyLaine Tue 21-Jan-20 22:26:07

Scribbles my heart goes out to you in your loss and hope you can find some comfort in your journey through grief. Think of it as love with nowhere to go
flowers flowers

Cherrytree59 Tue 21-Jan-20 22:26:14

My heart felt condolences scribbles
I wish you and your daughter strength to get through the next few days and weeks.thanks

Parsley3 Tue 21-Jan-20 22:28:34

Dear Scribbles I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your darling husband in such tragic circumstances. Sending you my deepest condolences. ?

cornergran Tue 21-Jan-20 22:29:14

I’m so sorry for your loss scribbles. I’ll be thinking of you all.

maddyone Tue 21-Jan-20 22:32:36

I’m so very sorry to hear of your loss scribbles. flowers

Squiffy Tue 21-Jan-20 22:33:28

I’m so sorry Scribbles flowers

CanadianGran Tue 21-Jan-20 22:33:36

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Please make use of all the shoulders offered for you to cry or lean upon.flowers

BlueSapphire Tue 21-Jan-20 22:34:46

Oh my goodness, I didn't see your previous post. I am so sorry to hear your sad news, and can only say that I am thinking of you, and the difficult decision you had to make, was I am sure the right one. The path ahead will be difficult, but there are many of us walking it, and I just hope we can all support each other.

annsixty Tue 21-Jan-20 22:36:24

So sad for you and send sincere condolences.
I suffered the same loss 9 months ago so can imagine your feelings and those of your D.

MawB Tue 21-Jan-20 22:42:14

My heart goes out to you and all your family.
You are setting out on a long hard road for which nothing can prepare you.
I hope your family and friends will support you as best they can and that the love you had together will comfort you in the time to come.
I could write my own book on bereavement but we are each of us different and we each have our own ways of putting one foot in front of the other. I just know that to lose your life’s partner is , for me, like an amputation - you learn to limp on, but you never feel whole againflowersflowers
(I hope this is legible xxx)

Chewbacca Tue 21-Jan-20 22:42:54

I'm so very sorry to hear this Scribbles, please accept my deepest condolences and sympathy for the loss of your husband. flowers

KatyK Tue 21-Jan-20 22:54:05

So sorry flowers

Marydoll Tue 21-Jan-20 23:02:17

My heartfelt condolences, Scribbles.?

Bellanonna Tue 21-Jan-20 23:07:08

Oh, I felt so sad for you reading that Scribbles. You have had little time to prepare for this, given the nature of your husband’s death and that makes it really hard for you. I’m so sorry.

52bright Tue 21-Jan-20 23:14:53

Heart felt condolences Scribbles. A terrible shock to lose your husband in this sudden way. Thinking of you and your daughter flowers

TrendyNannie6 Tue 21-Jan-20 23:18:20

So sorry to hear this

Callistemon Tue 21-Jan-20 23:20:32

I am so sorry to hear your sad news Scribbles and send you my condolences at the loss of your beloved husband.
flowers

Mapleleaf Tue 21-Jan-20 23:33:18

flowers

TwiceAsNice Tue 21-Jan-20 23:43:37

So sorry for you. May you have the strength to get through and I hope you and your daughter can support each other.

SueDonim Tue 21-Jan-20 23:50:33

I wasn’t aware of your circumstances, Scribbles but I am so very sorry you have lost your beloved husband and in such a dreadful manner. My heart goes out to you. flowers