Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Lost without mum and grandma

(5 Posts)
Lostwithoutmum Thu 06-May-21 21:22:02

We recently lost my mum, girls lost their grandma, she wasn’t that old and we’re struggling without her!
Is it strange I was looking to adopt a mum/grandma, I don’t think anyone could ever replace her but we miss the relationship/advice she gave!

Redhead56 Thu 06-May-21 21:49:28

Very sorry for your loss you must all be feeling very raw right now. You are all together and can support and comfort each other and cry together. You will always have your beautiful memories which will stay with you forever. When your girls need advice you will hear your own words which you heard from your mum. You have not lost her she is still with you and your girls?

CafeAuLait Thu 06-May-21 23:20:40

I'm sorry for your loss. You are lucky to have had such a close relationship with your mother but what a hole it leaves when they pass on. Your mother is always with you, even if not physically. You will always carry her in your heart.

shazzer110 Sun 16-May-21 01:40:15

I lost my mum last December she was my best friend shopping trips will never be the same I am struggling without her and although surrounded by amazing family and friends I just feel constantly sad

absent Sun 16-May-21 06:05:44

The death of your mother leaves a mum-shaped space in your heart that will be with you for the rest of your life. The immediate pain, grief, anger and other powerful emotions eventually ease but the mum-shaped space is always there. It becomes a healing space, a loving space, a space of wisdom and, most of all, a space of memories.