Gransnet forums

Books/book club

A Song for Issy Bradley

(121 Posts)
Greenfinch Sat 02-May-15 12:12:24

Many thanks for my copy of this book which the postman had hidden under the recycling boxes when I was out. I am very much looking forward to reading it over the Bank Holiday. My DSiL's family are Mormons and I struggle to understand it.

shysal Sat 02-May-15 12:18:33

Thank you for my copy, which arrived this morning.

fluttERBY123 Sat 02-May-15 18:35:59

I would be interested in this. How do you get to have a copy sent to you?

shysal Sat 02-May-15 19:12:39

Welcome to Gransnet fluttERBY123, if you are new. You may have missed your chance for this month's book, but if you click on My Gransnet above and sign up for email newsletters, there will be opportunities to apply for free books and other freebies. I am often successful. You can also try looking under 'Life and Style', then 'Books', as well as 'Competitions'. Good luck!

cazthebookworm Sat 02-May-15 19:27:16

My book arrived this morning thank you.... It looks like an interesting read, ...watch this space!

harrigran Tue 05-May-15 12:15:20

Thank you for my copy of A Song For Issy Brady, I am going on holiday next week so that is my reading sorted smile

glassortwo Tue 05-May-15 12:16:43

My copy has just arrived thank you GNHQ now itching to start it.

Stansgran Tue 05-May-15 12:45:20

My copy arrived this morning. Thank you Gransnet. I'm on holiday for the next few weeks but I'll start tonight so I can post a question.

gillogg Tue 05-May-15 13:14:09

Thank you so much for my copy of the book, which arrived this morning.I can't wait to get stuck in.

Gagagran Tue 05-May-15 13:20:10

Just received a copy too - thanks very much GNHQ. Always a pleasure to have a new book to start!

merlotgran Tue 05-May-15 13:25:27

Mine has just arrived. Thank you.

Rosannie Tue 05-May-15 13:37:51

Thank you for 'Song for Issy Bradley' which has just arrived. Lovely to have a letter from the publisher included with it. I'm very much looking forward to reading it and posting on the thread.

matson Tue 05-May-15 14:09:54

Thank you for my copy of " A Song For Issy Bradly "

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 05-May-15 14:46:24

You have beaten me to it!! Yes - do read and don't forget to add questions for Carys Bray (and comments too) on this thread. We will send them over to Carys towards the end of the month.

If you don't have a copy but would like to know more (and then buy one and join in grin) you can find out more here

Maggiemaybe Tue 05-May-15 14:51:25

Thank you very much for my copy too. I've got my scary DCS Grace book 6 to finish and The Bolter and The Miniaturist to read for my "real life" book groups, then I'll be right on it. I love being retired! smile

chloe1984 Tue 05-May-15 15:39:14

Thank you for my copy looking forward to reading it and commenting, I also appreciated the letter included from the publisher.

loopylou Tue 05-May-15 16:46:38

My copy arrived today, I'm absolutely delighted! Thank you, I'm very much looking forward to reading it.

Annie29 Tue 05-May-15 17:12:38

Thank you for my copy of A song for Issey Bradley.Will start reading it later.

Grannie48 Tue 05-May-15 21:41:14

Thank you for my copy of A Song For Issy Bradley which came today. I am really looking forward to reading it.

cazthebookworm Tue 05-May-15 23:10:02

Have started reading it, am not sure yet?? I don't know if this will be everyones cup of tea but I will comment more fully when I have finished it

Frannygranny Tue 05-May-15 23:28:37

Thank you, my copy arrived this morning. Looking forward to reading it.

nonnanna Wed 06-May-15 07:00:23

This is the worst book I have ever received from Gransnet. It arrived yesterday at 2pm and I had finished it by midnight. It made me waste my day completely and it should have been delivered together with a large box of tissues. Thanks Gransnet! To all Gransnetters who have received a copy; No spoilers here but I couldn't have read it in public, too many tears flowed. However, there are beautifully written observations, one-liners and quite a bit of humour too. I couldn't put it down, it made me feel angry, sad, relieved, frustrated with some of the characters and delighted with others. I have several questions for Carys Bray but will post them later so as not to give anything away.

glammanana Wed 06-May-15 09:52:32

Thanks so much for my copy GNHQ after reading some off the comments I am intrigued and am looking forward to starting it in the next couple of days.

gillybob Wed 06-May-15 13:22:47

My copy was waiting for me when I arrived home last night. Thank you GN. smile

...and thank you for the advanced warning nonnanna I shall make sure not to read it in public. I do enjoy a good tear jerker. Can't wait.

geri Thu 07-May-15 18:58:43

Maybe I missed it, but I didnt see anything from Gransnet either on the webpage or email, about the book for May, when was this one advertised please?