Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Free book offer

(72 Posts)
mollie Sun 08-May-11 08:49:51

I might be a bit dense (please say so, I won't be offended!!!) but I'm trying to see how to get/apply for the free book offer. Click here to find out...it says but the next page doesn't say how to at all! Or have all the freebies been snapped up already? If that's the case I wish someone would say... I'll try to be faster next time...

mollie Thu 19-May-11 21:28:45

I've just sat and read it and loved it...looking forward to the debate. When do we know what's next?

gma Mon 23-May-11 22:41:32

Have finished Benny and Shrimp..........and I loved itgrin Had it from the library but will buy my own copy as I know that I will read it again. Such a change to read a book which leaves you wanting more and more.A very moving story which brought tears to my eyes and made me laugh out loud. When can we expect the sequel please?

21again Wed 01-Jun-11 18:46:46

Hi. Am I too late to be one of the lucky ones to get a free copy?

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 02-Jun-11 09:57:34

21again, I'm afraid all the free copies have now gone, but you can get it on Amazon if you like?
Hope you'll join us!

grannyscalpay Thu 04-Aug-11 15:58:17

I just received my free copy of "The Midwife's Confession", and precisely when I was needing something to read on my flight to Canada. Thanks, Gransnet! smile

glassortwo Thu 04-Aug-11 16:45:41

Josie thank you my copy has arrived, cant wait to start it but the book I am reading is really hard going, it might just be the first book I never finished.

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 04-Aug-11 17:12:09

I feel your pain, glass. I am in exactly the same position at the moment in fact - the book is so big I have broken my bag (and my back) carrying it around in a vain attempt to finish it.

Nearly there though!

lucid Thu 04-Aug-11 18:20:39

Just wanted to say 'Thank You' for my copy of The Midwife's Confession. I'm looking forward to reading it....it was so exciting when it arrived in the post this morning, felt like an early birthday present. grin

twizzle Fri 05-Aug-11 14:20:25

Many thanks for my copy of The Midwife's Confession.
Brilliant book.

yogagran Fri 05-Aug-11 23:38:13

You need a Kindle JosieGransnet

MaggieP Fri 04-Nov-11 14:13:22

Many thanks Gransnet for my copy of Humphreys Tiny Tales which arrived today. My grandson will really enjoy the stories.
Sorry but not sure where to have posted this thread!

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 04-Nov-11 15:02:56

You're most welcome, Maggie! Glad to hear your grandson will enjoy it.

numberplease Fri 11-Nov-11 15:05:58

I was thrilled to bits this morning when a package containing my free book came through the letter box. Crimson China looks set to be a most enjoyable book, if enjoyable is a correct word to use in relation to the storyline? I`m looking forward to getting stuck in as soon as I finish what I`m reading right now, so thank you so much.

Carol Fri 11-Nov-11 15:37:56

Yes, mine arrived this morning, too - thank you so much Gransnet - this one looks like a really good read.

Carol Fri 23-Dec-11 14:22:34

Lucky me - the postman has just given me my free copy of Mother's Milk. Thank you, Gransnet!!

crimson Fri 23-Dec-11 14:26:15

Same here! What a lovely surprise. As I've said before, I've been wanting to read the book for ages. Thanks Gransnet.

GeraldineGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 23-Dec-11 15:12:22

Pleasure! Let us know what you think.

MaggieP Fri 23-Dec-11 15:59:52

Thank you too Gransnet for my copy of "Mothers Milk" which came with today's post, looks a good read.
Happy Christmas to one and all smile

glammanana Fri 23-Dec-11 16:11:47

Many thanks Gransnet mine arrived to-day also,looks like it will be a good read. smile

glassortwo Fri 23-Dec-11 16:23:15

I got my copy this morning thank you Gransnet now I just need to finish the one I am in the middle of, so I can start it, cant wait. smile

Gilly70 Fri 23-Dec-11 17:20:47

Thank you Gransnet, received a copy of Mothers Milk yesterday. Looking forward to reading it. smile

harrigran Sat 24-Dec-11 01:02:24

My copy came Friday morning too, that's my Christmas reading sorted, thanks smile

Seventimesfive Wed 28-Dec-11 14:20:36

Excited to have received my copy of Mothers Milk! Thanks smile

syberia Wed 28-Dec-11 15:21:59

Thank you from me, too x

MaggieP Mon 30-Apr-12 11:32:35

Than you for the delightful Julia Donaldson "The Singing Mermaid" book which arrived this morning. I look forward to reading it with my Grandchildren.