Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Member's books

(6 Posts)
Linkbard Thu 08-Mar-12 17:18:22

I've just published my second novel and launched my first on Kindle and other ebook readers. As a new member I was wondering whether it's in order to plug the books and ask members who read them to comment?

Annobel Thu 08-Mar-12 17:20:40

Geraldine! Please explain!

Linkbard Fri 09-Mar-12 10:57:52

My new novel is titled Aristocrat at Large, published by FeedARead.com. It is a comedy thriller in which most of the action takes place in the western United States. The book is a follow-up to my first novel, Alby and Me, set on a Birmingham council estate. Alby was long listed for the Waverton Good Read Award for the best debut novel of 2007-08.

greenmossgiel Fri 09-Mar-12 11:01:07

Not sure if this is ok, Geraldine? confused

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 09-Mar-12 11:06:33

Hi Linkbard, please refer to our forum guidelines on this matter, especially the part on 'spamming' www.gransnet.com/info/netiquette

Generally, posting links to anything where you stand to gain from it isn't really on as it's advertising.

Hope that helps smile

Linkbard Sat 10-Mar-12 11:26:12

Sorry, I simply thought the item might be of interest to members who enjoy books. I'd certainly like to hear of other members' literary efforts, but perhaps this should be under a different Forum topic. This sort of information exchange seems popular on some of the other senior websites I know of.