Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Q & A with Emma Thompson

(38 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 23-Aug-12 12:13:38

We are delighted to be doing a Q & A with Emma Thompson on 7 September to celebrate the publication of "The Further Tale of Peter Rabbit".

This is the 24th tale in the existing collection of Peter Rabbit stories and the first time that Frederick Warne has published as additional title to Beatrix Potter's original series.

In this beautifully illustrated book, Peter's adventures take him all the way to Scotland where he meets the gentle ginat Finlay McBurney.

Emma was inspired to set the tale there and create this new character by her knowledge of Beatrix Potter's childhood holidays there.

We also have a signed copy to give away - to enter simply add your question below. Emma will pick her favourite on the day.

jennifersample1980 Tue 04-Sep-12 14:03:00

How does your daughter like the new Peter Rabbit books - was she your inspiration for writing the new stories?

constance Thu 06-Sep-12 16:14:49

Can't wait to see the book - have such strong childhood memories of Hunca Munca and Benjamin Bunny as well as Peter Rabbit. Will you being writing more children's books, and would you consider something like an illustrated poetry book as a gentle introduction to the songs of Victor Jara for children?

annemac101 Thu 06-Sep-12 17:31:32

Woh! He's visiting Scotland? Do you think he could pop in to Glasgow and visit my grandaughter?

creative Thu 06-Sep-12 20:41:07

the illustrations look marvellous .What an incredible amazing venture to
be involved in!

Nonu Thu 06-Sep-12 21:21:32

GoodNight all , sweet dreams smile

dorsetpennt Fri 07-Sep-12 10:04:04

I like Emma Thompson, I really do, she is a wondeerful actress as her mother and sister are too. However, why write a book based on a well loved classic character from another author. She obviously has talent why not choose her own character?

flopsybunny Fri 07-Sep-12 12:34:00

Of all the characters you've played, do you have a favourite role?

sneetch Fri 07-Sep-12 12:40:04

Can you tell us a bit about your relationship with Scotland?

hopefulgran Fri 07-Sep-12 12:41:16

What is your view of the roles available to women in theatre, TV and film: does it get more difficult?

thestorypoet Fri 07-Sep-12 22:17:20

Does your Peter Rabbit resemble Stephen Fry at all? Please tell me he does.

Gally Mon 10-Sep-12 11:22:19

I know I am a bit slow on the uptake sometimes, but having asked the questions, when will we see the answers?? Am I missing something - I thought it was supposed to be on Friday 7th. Are they on another thread?Please tell me I am not as daft as I think I am confused

GeraldineGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 10-Sep-12 15:22:46

You are not daft Gally - as if! smile The deadline for questions was Friday but it was a Q&A rather than a live webchat and Emma was I believe tackling them on a flight to LA on Saturday. We hope to have them back very soon and we promise we'll make it very clear on the home page etc when we do. I'll chase tomorrow if they haven't arrived by then.