Gransnet forums

Books/book club

March book.

(92 Posts)
gmelon Sun 18-Feb-18 18:08:32

Hello, I am new to the book club.
When does the book for the month get announced?
I would love to join in with the conversations.

Pittcity Sun 18-Feb-18 21:10:09

It'll be in the daily newsletter.

gmelon Sun 18-Feb-18 23:50:21

Thank you.
Is there an aproximate time in the month that it is announced ?

chelseababy Mon 19-Feb-18 05:34:58

Usually the middle of the month - seems to be late!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 19-Feb-18 09:15:21

In fact we are launching it today and it will be in the newsletter in the next few days so keep your eyes peeled!

whitewave Mon 19-Feb-18 10:53:52

I might try to join in if it is a book I fancy. Time though!!!, so busy being retired.

Pittcity Thu 01-Mar-18 11:16:44

Mine has just been delivered by a frozen postie!

chelseababy Thu 01-Mar-18 12:59:23

Got mine too - thanks very much. Just the weather to hunker down with a book by the fire!

eGJ Thu 01-Mar-18 13:01:25

What a lovely looking copy has just this minute arrived, so I look forward to an afternoon safe and warm reading it!!

Waveney Thu 01-Mar-18 20:23:05

My copy arrived this morning. It has a very attractive cover, and the synopsis sounds interesting, so I will look forward to reading it. I have just heard that my grandchildren have a snow day, but I am not on granny duty as my lovely son -in - law has the day off too- so plenty of time to read?

Gagagran Thu 01-Mar-18 20:28:19

Mine arrived this morning too, delivered by our postie (who always wears shorts even in the snow!)

Thank you so much GN. It looks a good read from the synopsis.

gmelon Thu 01-Mar-18 20:32:30

I have a copy!! First time lucky. I am chuffed to bits.

Redpaws Thu 01-Mar-18 20:56:12

Very pleased to receive a copy of this months book. Thank you.

eGJ Thu 01-Mar-18 22:18:46

Well GN thank you! I drew the curtains lit the fire and settled down with the book ? now eight hours later I am sorry that it all came to an end. Absorbing as you follow the lives of the five women in Australia ‘s Northern Territory and every so often hear of the books they read together. I have ordered two of their choices to follow up on!! I have galloped through as the story pushes you forward and will now re-read it for the writing. Some memorable phrases to savour. I hope all other gransnetters feel as satisfied with your March choice!!??

annsixty Fri 02-Mar-18 11:30:43

My book has just arrived, thank you.
It looks really good but rather long so I had better get stuck into it, just right for the weather though.

Greenfinch Fri 02-Mar-18 11:33:20

Mine has just arrived thank you. Looking forward to settling down with it soon.

PoshGran Fri 02-Mar-18 11:41:44

My copy has arrived too - thank you. smile

Purpledaffodil Fri 02-Mar-18 21:55:09

Thank you for this lovely book. Like a previous poster I galloped through it, thanks to being snowbound indoors. Hurrah!
I will reread and return with a proper review. This book deserves it.

Jalima1108 Sat 03-Mar-18 13:02:08

I missed it once again - and it looks very good so I may have to order it from the bookshop!

GranEd Sat 03-Mar-18 15:02:07

Thank you very much for my book which just arrived - it looks very good. (It’s the first time this week that our postie has been able to do his round Jalima1108 so don’t give up hope!) smile

Chewbacca Sat 03-Mar-18 15:41:13

My copy arrived thismorning, thank you. Just got to get the last of the decorsting stuff out of the way and I'll settle down to read it this evening.

Maggiemaybe Sat 03-Mar-18 16:06:46

Mine arrived today, thank you! It's the first delivery we've had for a few days. Despite the ice and snow still covering every surface, our postie was wearing his shorts too. smile

grannyqueenie Sat 03-Mar-18 16:26:11

I got one today too, also delivered by a postie in shorts - now all I have to do is knuckle down and read it!

gardenoma Sun 04-Mar-18 08:32:32

Mine arrived yesterday, postie covered up but expect him to be in his shorts again any day, even though he's thin as a reed, they're a hardy breed! Nice looking cover, always a good start. Think I'll hibernate a few more days to read it. Love that crisp new book feeling especially since mine now tend to be the kindle variety.

gardenoma Sun 04-Mar-18 09:08:15

Just a quick question re daily newsletter. I looked into my account info to change settings so as to receive one but there isnt the facility or anywhere else as far as I can see. I never received one nor can I remember being given the option (but might have forgotten that, more likely)