Gransnet forums

Charities

10k run, October, for blood cancers, in MK

(5 Posts)
jogginggirl Sun 24-Jul-11 20:24:28

Thank you Littlelegs - all went well (decent time for a near-60-year-old) though I wasn't feeling too good - some sort of virus been hanging around me for a few days now. Mind you, going there and seeing what people go through and are going through makes me count my blessings.
Hope your mum is getting better x

Littlelegs Fri 22-Jul-11 20:15:38

Well done joggingirl. I did race for life last year. Unable to do it this year because of other things my Mum being ill and a host of other things.
Anyway GOOD LUCK for Sunday. Let us know how you got on I hope it is dry for you.

Good luck JesseM for October.

jogginggirl Fri 22-Jul-11 11:34:38

JessM I've tried the link but it doesn't seem to work confused

jogginggirl Fri 22-Jul-11 10:24:16

What a great cause JessM - I've only just seen this thread. Do you have any sponsorship organised? This is a cause close to my heart and I know how much difference these events can make. PM me with details of sponsorship if you like smile
I am doing a 5k Race for Life on Sunday - been training for about 3 months and have reached a decent time but it's sooooooooooo hard. Good luck with your October event..........

JessM Sat 18-Jun-11 09:41:39

Milton Keynes branch of Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research charity are, yet again, organising a 10k sponsored run/fun run/walk on 2nd October.
The course is a flat one, twice round Willen Lakes. Not on roads.
There is a 2k event for children.
This is our biggest event of the year and raises a significant amount of money which is very well spent on research projects. I have seen this in action in the open days that researchers hold for fund raisers.
Start training now!

I am aiming to run this year, I have got up to 3k. Not sure that I am up for doing it dressed as one of the 10 bananas though. Everyone else gets a t shirt.

For more information and to register:

http://www.beatbloodcancers.org/near-you/milton-keynes-branch