Gransnet forums

Charities

Scottish grannies urged to join us for midnight walk across Forth Road Bridge

(9 Posts)
glassortwo Sat 23-Jul-11 20:56:10

I would love to have done it but too far for me, but we have visited the Aberlour distilery and brought a few bottles away with us, and very nice it is too. grin

Grumpyoldwoman Sat 23-Jul-11 20:50:13

I forgot to mention that my youngest daughter worked for Aberlour in the Borders during her Uni days.....weekends and holidays.

Grumpyoldwoman Sat 23-Jul-11 20:44:44

No I'm not really grumpy at all (Hubby gets more like Victor Meldrew every day though !!!!!)
I just love the programme 'Grumpy Old Women'. When I was on 'Bad Mothers' I was abbreviated to GOW.

I will check out the website thanks.

supernana Sat 23-Jul-11 13:45:38

I'd love to but have gammy knee and hip and other unmentionable problems. Should be enormous fun - especially if Baggy joins in. I wouldn't stop laughing in her company grin

Baggy Fri 22-Jul-11 19:41:43

PS I know you're not really grumpy. smile

Baggy Fri 22-Jul-11 19:41:02

grumpy, have a look on the website for the charity. It gives you the date.

bikergran Fri 22-Jul-11 18:30:50

oh would love to but im in Lancashire !! sad

Grumpyoldwoman Fri 22-Jul-11 18:08:00

Facebook !
When is the walk ? or did I miss this in your post.?
I will join you depending on date and being able to organise a ''husband''sitter.

Sue

charitygirl Fri 22-Jul-11 13:36:51

GRANS WANTED TO TAKE PART IN MASSIVE MIDNIGHT WALK ACROSS FORTH ROAD BRIDGE FOR CHILDREN'S CHARITY

Hi Grans

I work for Scotland's biggest children's charity and we are recruiting ladies to take part in one of the biggest events we've ever put on - a midnight sleepwalk across the most iconic bridge in Scotland - the Forth Road Bridge.

Led off by the BBC's Catriona Shearer, this is going to be a great night to remember with a starting party, DJs, refreshments afterwards and lots of pictures in the press.

The walk is five miles and the views from the bridge at midnight are spectacular and breathtaking - you'll never forget this.

All money raised will go to Aberlour Child Care Trust which runs more than 40 services across the nation, all designed to support and improve the welfare of Scotland's most vulnerable and disadvantaged children.
You'll find more information and how you can register at this link:
Get Involved with Aberlour Children's Charity. Community fundraising, volunteering, corporate team Building Events in Scotland

I'm trying to find as many ways as possible of promoting this event and it has already appeared in papers across Scotland including the Edinburgh Evening News and The Herald among others. If you have any ideas of how I can reach more women who might want to join us for the night, please send me a PM or reply to me here.

Thanks all,
Marie from Aberlour