Gransnet forums

Chat

MN

(40 Posts)
usualsuspect Mon 16-May-11 20:43:54

MN seems to be broken tonight

so I'm hanging out in here grin

Notsogrand Mon 16-May-11 21:25:15

Hello usual...what's up over there I wonder?

glassortwo Mon 16-May-11 21:42:02

Well usual nice to see you over here.

Notsogrand Mon 16-May-11 21:45:53

Hello glass..just tried MN, it seems a bit slow and 'sticky' Still, at least we have here. As long as we behave. smile

glassortwo Mon 16-May-11 21:55:08

Oh yes you have to be good!!!! grin grin

Notsogrand Mon 16-May-11 22:00:08

Glass...just been checking the recipe section of a winemaking forum...thought of you grin
I'm going to make some Vimto wine....very good write ups.

glassortwo Mon 16-May-11 22:11:12

Why would you think of me in connection with wine i wonder grin

Notsogrand Mon 16-May-11 22:17:54

Well.....apart from the exceptionally obvious (cheers! grin)
.... this guy was talking about his homemade Vimto wine, reporting that he'd had his first glass or two and it tasted ok.
I think I'll sort out a glass or two of last year's strawberry.....wine

glassortwo Mon 16-May-11 22:31:40

I will stick to me glass of red if you dont mind, strawberry is a bit sweet for me...
Been to zumba tonight, how good am I, then went to the local shop to get some red wine............needed to relax!!!! cheers wine

helshea Mon 16-May-11 22:31:51

Count me in.. cheers!

glassortwo Mon 16-May-11 22:33:09

cheers wine helshea

TrillianAstra Mon 16-May-11 23:35:22

I have done homemade beer, not so sure about wine... The man at the brewing shop had us taste some of his homemade wine and it tasted, well, homemade.

glassortwo Mon 16-May-11 23:39:01

Dont think I have tasted a good home made wine.

Notsogrand Tue 17-May-11 00:13:57

Mine is gorgeous. One or two varieties are a bit average, but on the whole, just stonking. ( Many friends & family agree!) Wish I could email you all a taste......

helshea Tue 17-May-11 01:04:34

Would love an email taster lol ... I'm sure it is lovely.

glassortwo Tue 17-May-11 11:57:35

Notsogrand think we should have an email tasting, and having had lots of experience in wine tasting I will give you an honest opinion. grin

Notsogrand Tue 17-May-11 12:13:47

OK glassortwo I will email you a taster and cc helshea
Here goes. The wine will be sent as an attachment in shatterproof sealed top glasses
First, my pride and joy, a 2010 Rose Petal. Mainly made from roses in my garden (plus a carrier bag full of rose heads scrounged from local garden centre smile) It is a beautiful blush pink, smells divine and is 12% proof. Perfect at room temperature or chilled.
Second, and for the connoisseurs out there, the one and only 2010 New Forest Blackberry. From wild bushes grazed by ponies. Deep red, deeply delicious and 14% proof. Treat with respect.
I hope your attachment arrives safely. Enjoy!

Notsogrand Tue 17-May-11 12:16:24

Am now off to collect grandson from nursery and an afternoon of joy. Will check back later for 'reviews' grin

glassortwo Tue 17-May-11 14:11:23

2010 Rose Petal :- It has an attractive bright rose petal pink colour which gives way to a soft floral perfume which abounds on the palate blending with a tasty fresh bon bon character. It is nicely balanced with plenty of rich flavour; and has modest alcohol too boot. The rich flavour persists in the mouth as long-flavoured primary fruit with the faintest hint of complexing aromatic spice.
score out of ten wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine

2010 New Forest Blackberry:- Juicy, fruit packed red with supple bramble and blackberry fruit, soft, creamy tannins and a lip smacking finish
score out of 10 wine wine wine wine wine winewine wine wine wine

Well hope I dont get done for drinking and driving got to go to nursery now, will finish dregs when I get back wink

twizzle Tue 17-May-11 14:18:47

Think my taster must have got lost in cyberspace !!
I'll just have to make do with a Baileys until I go shopping.

ps. glassortwo - did the 2010 New Forest Blackberry have a hint of 'ponies' about it ? (re: wild bushes grazed by ponies)

glassortwo Tue 17-May-11 14:23:49

It might arrive in the second delivery twizzle, did get a hint of ponies, but didnt want to offend notsogrand but think it adds to the flavour.
Did you sort your smileys out?

twizzle Tue 17-May-11 14:25:35

No. Clicked on the smiley at end of message, but it didn't show up.

Notsogrand Tue 17-May-11 16:26:41

glassortwo , glad your wine tasters arrived safely and hope there wasn't too much splash-back on the keyboard.
Thanks for your reviews, you clearly have a very good nose.

glassortwo Tue 17-May-11 19:06:19

wink

usualsuspect Tue 17-May-11 20:53:06

Mn seems to haven broken again

<joins in with the wine tasting> wine