Gransnet forums

Chat

First Grandchild has arrived and SHE'S a BOY!!!!???

(52 Posts)
Angelwispa Fri 27-May-11 10:20:27

I'm no longer a GIW, baby arrived on Tuesday after a prolonged labour and to everyone's surprise, shock, SHE's a BOY!!

Previously my daughter had a scan and the hospital CONFIRMED that the baby was a little girl, so we have all duly bought lots of lovely girly stuff and he surprised us all, not least Mummy and Daddy, that she's a BOY.

So all grandparents and aunties etc have been buying up baby boy clothes like there is no tomorrow so that he has something to wear and will not be emotionally scarred for life by wearing dresses!!grin)

So I think that there will be an influx of beautiful new little girly things on Ebay sometime very soon!!

Anyway, he is BEAUTIFUL!!!!, healthy and a little ray of sunshine. Now the really big decision has to be made as he currently has no name.

I'd better get back to my knitting as this is one very proud grandma now knitting for her grandson. xx

Nannyto1 Wed 06-Jul-11 16:37:59

congratulations.
Well, what a surprise that was for you all. I really thought that they got it 100% right these days - obviously not!!! what a shock for everyone. That will definitely be a story that will go on for a while.