Gransnet forums

Chat

First Grandchild has arrived and SHE'S a BOY!!!!???

(52 Posts)
Angelwispa Fri 27-May-11 10:20:27

I'm no longer a GIW, baby arrived on Tuesday after a prolonged labour and to everyone's surprise, shock, SHE's a BOY!!

Previously my daughter had a scan and the hospital CONFIRMED that the baby was a little girl, so we have all duly bought lots of lovely girly stuff and he surprised us all, not least Mummy and Daddy, that she's a BOY.

So all grandparents and aunties etc have been buying up baby boy clothes like there is no tomorrow so that he has something to wear and will not be emotionally scarred for life by wearing dresses!!grin)

So I think that there will be an influx of beautiful new little girly things on Ebay sometime very soon!!

Anyway, he is BEAUTIFUL!!!!, healthy and a little ray of sunshine. Now the really big decision has to be made as he currently has no name.

I'd better get back to my knitting as this is one very proud grandma now knitting for her grandson. xx

Nannyto1 Wed 06-Jul-11 16:37:59

congratulations.
Well, what a surprise that was for you all. I really thought that they got it 100% right these days - obviously not!!! what a shock for everyone. That will definitely be a story that will go on for a while.

Littlelegs Wed 22-Jun-11 11:39:42

Congrats jenny - number 8 how wonderful and just as exciting asd the first grin

jennybumble Wed 22-Jun-11 11:17:04

Going back to France next Wednesday to help my daughter with her little boys, can't wait. Any news on a name angelwispa for your grandson, we are all really interested.
Have a good week, smile

Nannyliz Sun 12-Jun-11 14:43:04

Congratulations, jennybumble I too have been away and am just catching up.

grannyactivist Sun 12-Jun-11 00:06:36

Lovely news jennybumble; I've been away and am only just catching up with all the news. smile
Thought I'd get to know the name of angelwispa's grandson when I logged on, but still no name yet. Can't believe I'm this excited over someone else's grandson's name!grin

coastwallker Fri 10-Jun-11 13:50:56

Good news jenny. Congratulations

Angelwispa Tue 07-Jun-11 16:46:02

many congratulations jennybumble on the safe arrival of your little Max, love and hugs to all of you smile

harrigran Tue 07-Jun-11 16:41:49

Congratulations jennybumble smile

twizzle Tue 07-Jun-11 14:36:31

Congratulations jennybumble

Wonderful news.

glassortwo Tue 07-Jun-11 14:24:24

jenny congratulations on the safe arrival of Max, he was a good weight!

7boys and one girl fantastic smile

jennybumble Tue 07-Jun-11 14:06:30

Glad to say our 8th grandchild arrived safe and sound this morning, he is called Max Oliver Michael and weighed 8lbs 9ox, so a good weight .Mum and baby are doing really well. Yes Coastwalker it is still as exciting when you get to number 8, we are over the moon to have another healthy little boy. grin

Angelwispa Tue 07-Jun-11 12:07:52

Littlelegs what a heartwarming story, bless him, it's so lovely to hear of a 'tiny one' doing so well, you must all be so pleased and proud of him. smile

Littlelegs Tue 07-Jun-11 08:52:41

My second grandchild a boy, Aaron weighed in at 1lb 6oz he ws born premature at 27 weeks. In hospital for 4 months. He is now 10 later this year and a little treasure still!

Littlelegs Tue 07-Jun-11 08:48:36

Congratulations on being a new gran. May you have plenty of good times with him.

coastwallker Mon 06-Jun-11 16:27:42

Hi jennybumble
Is is still as exciting when you get to the eighth? I do hope so!

My little Sam is putting on weight now but still looks a bit of a scrap. He was 5lb 14oz and has just gone over 6 now at 10 days. I am going to spend the next three days with them and looking forward to it very much.

I hope you have some news soon smile

Angelwispa Mon 06-Jun-11 12:19:15

Hi jennybumble I look forward to the news of your new arrival. My grandson still hasn't a name and he's almost two weeks old now, I hope that they decide soon! smile

He was quite a good weight 7lb 15oz and he's put on weight since then but I'm not sure how much. He's a hungry little fella and keeps his mummy very busy, I don't think that she realised just how demanding these little bundles of love can be smile

Coastwallker has the little tiny one, but I expect even he has grown in a short space of time, it doens't take them long does it!

I'm sure that you had a lovely day on Sunday shopping for baby, it's exciting isn't it, it brings back such memories, ahh those were the days!

jennybumble Fri 03-Jun-11 21:10:20

Angelwispa,
Thank you for your kind comments, I will post the babies arrival on here, it is a boy we have been told so we shall see.
How tiny is your new grandson? you can get lovely things for them now can't you. We are off on sunday with the car packed to the gunnels with my daughter and sil shopping, great fun, and of course presents for the boys.

Angelwispa Fri 03-Jun-11 14:32:57

Thank you all for your lovely comments; baby is doing well, putting on weight (still no name)! They are coming over on Saturday and Great Granny will be seeing him for the first time.

jennybumble how lovely that you have another addition coming very soon, you must be a very busy gran with all those grandchildren and so close together too. As you have so many boys, I think that I may be asking you for advice in the future! I hope that all goes well, keep us all posted won't you grin)

jennybumble Thu 02-Jun-11 22:40:45

Congratulations to all new grannies. I am very lucky as I have 7 grandchildren 8,7,6,5,4,2,1 and new one due on Tuesday, so excited. There are 6 boys and one girl, and the new one is supposed to be a boy as well !! They are all really great and such fun, best job in the world. Off to stay with my daughter and sil to look after 2 year old, happy days. grin

Angelwispa Thu 02-Jun-11 10:20:47

Oh that's lovely coastwallker, lots of cuddles will soon get him 'growing', it's amazing what love can do grin)

How tiny is he? A while ago I saw some really tiny clothes for premature babies in my local Boots store, so you may want to check them out. If you are into knitting, I have some premature knitting patterns that you may be interested in, you can PM me if you like, we can then have a good old chinway about our new little beauties!

coastwallker Thu 02-Jun-11 07:04:12

I'm sure they will come up with something suitable Angel.

I met Sam for the first time yesterday and had lots of cuddles. He is so tiny and not really quite "there" yet which I think is because he was premature.
My other daughter and I hit town to kit him out with smaller clothes as he is too small for even the newborn size and he looks so much better in clothes that fit.

His dad has to go back to work next week so I'm going up to stay which will be lovely

Angelwispa Wed 01-Jun-11 14:17:10

Hello everyone, thank you so much for your kind thoughts and comments, and congratulations to Coastwalker too on becoming a granny grin)

Baby still has no name at the moment, I think that they are still a bit 'surprised', by their new addition being a boy. They are currently looking up names on baby name sites and also considering old 'family names' which is quite sweet, but at the moment he's just baby no-name'. My husband suggested that they called him SUE, which left the parents with a blank expression, they obviously had never heard of the Johnny Cash record 'a boy named Sue' !

This actually made me then think of the many 'girly names' that are also for men, such as Hilary, Evelyn, and even Shirley (remember Big Daddy the wrestler, that was his name!)

Anyway, I'm hoping that that don't go for Prunejuice as I think that as was previously suggested, that he might always be 'on the go' grin)

The most important thing of all is that he is healthly, beautiful and loves cuddles, and he really doesn't seem to care a hoot that he doesn't yet have a name!

grannyactivist Wed 01-Jun-11 13:55:28

Congratulations to both new grannies. Having a newborn in the family is so exciting and, for me, rekindled many memories of my own babies births. Please let us know what names are chosen.

Nannyliz Sun 29-May-11 21:07:36

Congratulations, Angel and Coastwalker, being a granny is just wonderful!

GrannyTunnocks Sun 29-May-11 12:38:21

Congratulations. What a lovely surprise that the expected granddaughter turned out to be a grandson. Bet he will be teased about that in years to come.