Gransnet forums

Chat

HSBC secure pin.

(7 Posts)
glassortwo Tue 21-Jun-11 11:40:24

Has anyone else received their HSBC secure pin, I have, it worked for a few entrys, then seems to have stopped, I hope this is not going to be a regular thing, its frustrating not being able to access the bank.
My other half has the Barclays version, which I think is a bit more substantial, only down fall you have to enter your card to access the pin!

yogagran Tue 21-Jun-11 18:11:03

Oh no - that sounds ominous! We got a letter from HSBC a little while ago that told us that they were changing over to this "secure key" and I was quite annoyed. The existing system seemed to work very well so why change it. I also have a Tesco Saving Bank that had a "secure keypad" thing and they have just abandoned it and gone back to a more logical way of logging in. I'll await the key from HSBC and see how it goes but I really don't want to change!

Notsogrand Tue 21-Jun-11 18:14:48

I'm with HSBC but haven't had anything new through about secure pins or keys.
Are they saying in a roundabout way that the old (or existing for me) pin number system is not secure?

glassortwo Tue 21-Jun-11 19:45:26

Sounds that way notso but the new one is VERY secure because even the account holder cant get in!

Its a tiny little febble key pad with an attachment which looks as though you are expected to put on a key ring, really disappointed with keypad used twice and third time of using buttons wont work, the Barclays keypad is like a smaller version of a card reader in a store, looks like a little calculator and much stronger!

sylvia2036 Thu 30-Jun-11 13:17:51

I've had my key pad for a few days and to my surprise I find it quite easy to use. However, I suspect for those with arthritic fingers it could really be a problem. The pad is so small and you have to input the pin number very slowly to make sure that it registers properly. Still, if it keeps my account safe, then I'm happy.

glassortwo Thu 30-Jun-11 13:31:12

I received my replacement key pad and have used it a couple of times and all seems well, fingers crossed.

janthea Thu 30-Jun-11 16:41:11

I haven't heard anything about this and I'm with HSBC too. I await with interest.