Gransnet forums

Chat

Googly!!

(13 Posts)
Notsogrand Tue 05-Jul-11 10:00:28

I needed to phone Social Services in respect of an elderly neighbour, so googled Adult Services followed by my town & county. Well! The local authority details were way down the list after details of various other types of adult services nearby. blush
I always thought this little town was boring!

Elegran Tue 05-Jul-11 13:55:42

But would your elderly neighbour appreciate all these adult services? Although they might prove rejuvenating .......

Hattie64 Tue 05-Jul-11 20:46:39

I think my husband would enjoy those as well. I must now go and do a bit of googling on his behalf.

pompa Tue 05-Jul-11 21:24:24

Do you mean that the sites I have been looking at AREN'T social services shock

baggythecrust! Tue 05-Jul-11 21:27:24

Chortle!

glassortwo Tue 05-Jul-11 21:44:02

grin grin bet your face was a picture notso

Littlelegs Wed 06-Jul-11 08:45:26

You never know what could be going on down the road grin Notsogrand.

Notsogrand Wed 06-Jul-11 11:33:00

So silly, just seeing the list made me blush!
I've led a sheltered life wink

grannyactivist Wed 06-Jul-11 12:27:37

Just did a quick check - my town really is as staid and old fashioned as I thought. Only two iffy 'paid for' national ads at the top of the page and then on to nursing homes etc.

Elegran Wed 06-Jul-11 17:31:06

I hope you all realise that the URLs of those sites you Googled will stay on your computers for ever and ever. The thought police will get you in the end! There is no hiding place! Exterminate!

Notsogrand Wed 06-Jul-11 17:44:16

That did cross my mind Elegran!
However, if my daughters find the trail of URLs after I've gone off to the big google in the sky, I love the idea that they'll have to hush it all up to preserve the grandchildren's memories of their Nana. Hilarious! grin

pompa Thu 07-Jul-11 22:29:24

That's not to mention all the dodgy emails you will get, offering to enlarge, lengthen or vitalise parts of your anatomy that you possibly don't even have (but if you don't have them, I'm sure you will get emails that can fix that as well grin) I of course don't get these, but I know someone who does !!

Mariposa Tue 12-Jul-11 16:13:26

I have done the same thing, the problem was, I was using a friend's computer (with permission) gosh, was my face red?