Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you looking forward to........?

(77 Posts)
jogginggirl Sun 14-Aug-11 22:14:44

Me.....? three blissful weeks away....................with my other half and hopefully a few wine wine wine

yogagran Sun 14-Aug-11 22:17:02

Meeting up with a friend of 40+ years tomorrow

Nagyi Sun 14-Aug-11 22:35:19

Birth of grandchild No 4. Very imminent.

grannyactivist Sun 14-Aug-11 22:48:59

Our Silver Wedding Anniversary at the end of this month. grin
I'm 10 years older than my husband and we married when he was only 23. I was divorced with three children (oldest one a stroppy teenager at the time) and we were sooo poor! The odds were stacked against us, but we've had a consistently happy marriage and are truly still in love - with each other, I hasten to add! Family and friends were all very supportive when we married, but I'm sure most of them privately thought it wouldn't last, so I'm embarrassed to admit it, but our party is a bit of a 'naa naa na naa naa' to them. blush

jogginggirl Sun 14-Aug-11 22:57:22

Congratulations ga. We had the doubting Thomas's too..............38 years later we are doing the 'naa naa na naa naa' thing!! Have a lovely Silver Wedding Anniversary smile

harrigran Mon 15-Aug-11 00:16:11

I am looking forward to my extension being finished, they don't actually start work until next week so I am in for the long haul.

jangly Mon 15-Aug-11 09:25:50

Another day lying in the sun with my kindle in DD's garden, while she paints her front door and does other little jobs around her house and garden.

Which I am not going to lift a finger to help with. smile

Hunt Mon 15-Aug-11 09:32:19

ours was a bit of an upstairs-downstairs marriage, several family members on both sides wondered how long we would last. 56 years ,lovely daughter and son ,4 fascinating GC on and we are still so very happy in each others company.

Hunt Mon 15-Aug-11 09:39:58

Looking forward to the Diamond- hope we make it

Baggy Mon 15-Aug-11 10:00:56

I was looking forward to oatcakes and honey for breakfast, but I've eaten it. Oh well, I can look forward to tomorrow now. smile

susiecb Mon 15-Aug-11 10:09:28

Us too everyone said it wouldnt last - here we are 33 years later and like grannyactivist still in love - more than ever now I think even though he is a grumpy old bugger sometimes!

Not really looking forward to anything special I really like these nice sunny days at home in the garden and the house cooking, listening to music , reading, knitting etc. Love a bit of clothes shopping for the autumn and believe it or not Xmas!! We will be having it on our own this year - lovely stay in bed drinking champers and then a nice meal curtesy of M & S then out for lunch Boxing Day - family coming in between Xmas and New Year:0

GillieB Mon 15-Aug-11 10:28:48

I have sooo much to look forward to at the moment. On Wednesday my GS is coming for a couple of hours whilst his mum goes to have her hair highlighted in preparation for my son's wedding on 28th August. And I am sooo looking forward to that as my family will be coming up, of course.

Then in September we are off to the States for our annual visit - this time we are going to San Diego (I haven't been there before, although my husband has), and Phoenix (about our fifth visit, just love the area and the warmth!).

This Saturday my son's future in-laws are coming for dinner, so that's something else to look forward to, although they have all sorts of allergies and dislikes, so meal will not be easy to do. confused

Grannylin Mon 15-Aug-11 11:29:29

Just heard son and DIL are coming over from Mexico for a month in September and we will finally see new 5 month old grandson...can't wait. Skype will come to life!

Carol Mon 15-Aug-11 12:39:11

As mother to twins, one of whom has lovely twin boys, I am now looking forward to the arrival of twin girls from my other twin daughter. How lucky can you get???

harrigran Mon 15-Aug-11 13:05:04

Wow, how exciting Carol smile

Joan Mon 15-Aug-11 14:16:24

Right now - going to bed. I get so tired these days.

artygran Mon 15-Aug-11 14:17:01

Looking forward to the all clear for our house sale/purchase to go through - can't relax until then.... if it doesn't we're going to stay where we are and blow what we would have spent on the new house on a long tropical holiday!

GoldenGran Mon 15-Aug-11 17:28:25

Fingers crossed arty gran. I am looking forward to my husband having his operation that has been cancelled four times. Then when that has happened, I am looking forward to a two week holiday in France,which has been postponed twice.

artygran Mon 15-Aug-11 20:50:24

Hope all goes well for you both - sure it will!

Grumpyoldwoman Mon 15-Aug-11 21:15:23

Our 5th grandchild due any day !!!!

Jenjax Tue 16-Aug-11 07:31:07

Looking forward to son and partner visiting for a week to finish off their holiday, they will probably be knackered after a week in Barcelona. Then a few days tiding up then we are back to UK for four weeks to see family, friends and generally have a jolly good time.

absentgrana Tue 16-Aug-11 10:08:04

I'm looking forward to finishing a particularly tedious job that should have been completed over a week ago but the client was late sending the material. Come to think of it, that's what I should be getting on with right now rather than reading through all the active threads on gransnet. hmm

Mamie Tue 16-Aug-11 10:18:06

Our holiday in Spain next month, when we get our one week of the year with our grandchildren there. Will they recognise us when we are not on Skype?

ChrisE Tue 16-Aug-11 11:05:00

Have just heard today that our daughter is to have an assistance dog - a chocolate labrador through Dogs for the Disabled - which will make such a difference to her. Can't wait till 9th September, when they start living together!

glassortwo Tue 16-Aug-11 11:27:06

ChrisE that is great news for your Daughter.