Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you looking forward to........?

(78 Posts)
jogginggirl Sun 14-Aug-11 22:14:44

Me.....? three blissful weeks away....................with my other half and hopefully a few wine wine wine

yogagran Tue 16-Aug-11 13:30:53

Welcome to you Assistance dog ChrisE. These are wonderful dogs and you're in for such a good time. Keep us informed as to how you all get on please

Libradi Tue 16-Aug-11 16:58:05

My son's wedding this Saturday, they've been planning it for 12 months and now the day is almost here its very exciting. Also really looking forward to my daughter giving birth to my second GD at the end of November.

Soupy Tue 16-Aug-11 17:46:42

Looking forward to:

Going on holiday to Yorkshire later this week.

Family Sunday lunch the day after we get back

New fireplace in living room in Sept

Acheron Tue 16-Aug-11 19:27:45

A few days in Nice at the beginning of October. A treat from the husband because I've been feeling a bit down lately.

Jacey Tue 16-Aug-11 20:00:16

My day in London ...to see that wedding dress at B palace

goldengirl Tue 16-Aug-11 21:44:32

Peace and tranquility - another of my mantras! - so that I can get on with the things that I want to do.

grannyactivist Tue 16-Aug-11 21:52:22

Husband is working away for a couple of days tomorrow and I'm going to accompany him. Lovely hotel booked in Tetbury and lots of travelling together which will give us plenty of time to chat. smile I really do enjoy the time we spend together, it's very special.

glassortwo Tue 16-Aug-11 22:13:37

grannyact I used to do that often with my husband when he was in a different job and we loved the chance to just drive and chat and get to know one another again, I know that sounds strange but with everything else that goes on in your family life sometimes you just dont get chance to be together without distractions and be yourselves.

jogginggirl Tue 16-Aug-11 22:21:45

I agree ga and glassortwo - we have a long drive to SW France on Thursday - lots of time to chat and catch up without interruption wink

bunic Wed 17-Aug-11 08:09:24

My son`s wedding on the 27th,first time in 16 years that my bunica & my 5 children all togather in one place,cant wait,yesssssss

Acheron Wed 17-Aug-11 12:45:21

You lucky ladies who have husbands that chat in the car. Mine sits in stony silence. No radio, no music, no chat and he says I'm antisocial if I play my iPod.

Joan Wed 17-Aug-11 12:58:16

Getting the house to myself for 5 hours on Friday, when husband goes with son for son's laser eye surgery.

I'm NEVER alone at home, even though there are just the two of us.....what luxury!

glassortwo Wed 17-Aug-11 13:08:21

bunic enjoy the wedding and having all your family together, cant beat it smile

glassortwo Wed 17-Aug-11 13:10:33

Joan I think to have even half an hour to yourself is such a treat, its the silence I love.

Notsogrand Wed 17-Aug-11 14:03:05

Acheron...I hope you still use your iPod. Being anti-social isn't as bad as being rude!
<Goes off to find sticking up for you emoticon>
smile

nannysgetpaid Thu 18-Aug-11 11:39:23

Looking forward to a time when my husband and I can think of us. One son and one grandson in hospital. Need sleep.

Woody Thu 18-Aug-11 11:45:31

Dare I say this - oh what the heck - looking forward to my daughter going on holiday for a week tomorrow and then I go away for a week, so no more grand-child minding for 2 weeks!!!

glassortwo Thu 18-Aug-11 12:22:34

I am looking forward to a week Saturday when me and my sister are going to London to visit our baby sister. A girly few days, no husband,kids or grandkids grin woody I know where you are coming from and the idea of some me time is so appealing.

DaisyD Thu 18-Aug-11 15:55:04

Retiring! though I will miss the money!

mischief Thu 18-Aug-11 18:36:04

I'm looking forward to my first grandchild next month. A girl. I'm so excited. I'm also looking forward to retiring but at the same time I'm terrified.

fran Fri 19-Aug-11 08:08:55

I am looking forward to my DD wedding in 4 weeks time and so happy to have my other half there as he has been seriously ill and there were times we thought he would not be here to see it. We are making the most of life now like never before!

Libradi Fri 19-Aug-11 08:35:06

It looks like a few of us have children getting married this year and GC being born, I'm looking forward to my son getting married at 2pm tomorrow. The first of my two children to be married, so excited.....

My DD is expecting her 2nd baby a girl in November so we will still have something special to look forward to after the wedding.

grannyactivist Fri 19-Aug-11 08:59:49

Best wishes to all who are looking forward to weddings and the arrival of grandchildren.
nnanygetspaid hope son and grandson are soon back home and that your 'me' time soon materialises.
glass what a lovely treat. I have two of my four sisters coming to my party next week. so we'll also be doing some catching up.

Grannylin Sat 20-Aug-11 23:16:57

4 days cycling in Holland next week with DD, pretending I'm still her age(32) and not 62!!

grannyactivist Sun 21-Aug-11 00:48:56

On my 50th birthday (almost 8 years ago) my husband sang, 'Have I told you lately that I love you?' to me. I felt sooo special. I know that husband and youngest son (guitar player) have spent a bit of time rehearsing together in the music room, but I haven't heard what they've been playing and I'm really enjoying the anticipation. My husband is very practical and has to really work at doing romantic stuff, but he's brilliant when he makes the effort. I'm getting very excited now about our anniversary party on Saturday. grin grin