Gransnet forums

Chat

Cardigans on!

(109 Posts)
susiecb Tue 30-Aug-11 15:57:50

Its been so cold today and yesterday its cardigans on time. I'm desparetly searching for nice winter woolies in lovely jewl colous i dont want bto spend the next six months in grey and black. Do let me know if you see anythign nice to buy plse. My feet are blue, all my joints are swollen and I'm cold if it wasn't for hot husband I would have the heating on.
PS The leaves are falling hee in the East Midlands!

jinglej Fri 07-Oct-11 10:25:44

And socks.

Baggy Fri 07-Oct-11 11:35:32

Gloves, scarf and hat this morning. Met Office predicted 8°C minimum temp for us overnight. At 6pm it was already 5.6°. Real feel? About 1°C because of the howling gale. hmm

Butternut Fri 07-Oct-11 11:53:33

Brilliant sunshine. :-)
A wee bit nippy, but only need a long sleeved t-shirt when raking the leaves.

Gally Fri 07-Oct-11 12:07:40

After yesterday which was atrocious with rain, wind, 7 degrees and CH on full blast, today is glorious with sun and blue skies but the wind is chilly. Sat in a sheltered spot enjoying the sun on my back. Lots of snow 'up the hill' in Aviemore so it looks like Winter is on its way. grin

Butternut Fri 07-Oct-11 12:10:39

Nothing better than sun on your back, Gally.

Baggy Fri 07-Oct-11 12:11:17

Oh, gally, I was wondering yesterday when we had hail at the head of the loch if there was snow anywhere in Scotland yet. Couldn't see 'our' hills for the low, dark clouds. There's no white stuff on them this morning, but we are a lot further west than Aviemore. Official start of winter, then?

Libradi Fri 07-Oct-11 13:26:41

Postman has just delivered a lovely faux fur throw for our bed, I'm surprised at how warm it feels, very good quality for the money, I'm going to stay warm this winter!

Hattie64 Fri 07-Oct-11 20:32:00

Out shopping with my daugher who persuaded me to buy a small furry jacket, lovely and warm, and also a pair of sheepskin lined boots as well. So I am now ready for the winter. Considering on Monday I was wearing a t shirt!!!. Oh well here comes Winter whether we like it or not.