Gransnet forums

Chat

Horrible habits?

(14 Posts)
Joan Sun 30-Oct-11 22:15:25

Yes we do! We've all brought up children, including boys for most of us, so we cannot be grossed out!!

pompa Fri 28-Oct-11 22:24:12

You really don't want to know !!!!

jinglej Fri 28-Oct-11 22:22:43

Yes, with ribs and back absentgrana. Mouth biting comes nowhere near. smile

absentgrana Fri 28-Oct-11 20:28:31

jinglej I assume you're in agony with your ribs (as in another thread), not with biting the inside of your mouth. Either way, I hope you feel more comfortable soon.

Twobabes Fri 28-Oct-11 20:08:05

Now I'm biting the inside of my mouth, comparing it to chocolate. Choc wins.smile

jinglej Fri 28-Oct-11 17:50:04

sorry about typing -. am in agony.

jinglej Fri 28-Oct-11 17:49:41

Well, yes. Thereis that as well.

(amendment: ^anyboidy's chocolate^)

absentgrana Fri 28-Oct-11 15:08:21

jinglej I know your naughty habit – it's finding your daughter's chocolate and eating it. grin

jinglej Fri 28-Oct-11 10:49:02

I've got a lot of a few habits (tics?)

I bite the inside of my mouth. I enjoy it to start with but then it gets painful.

There is something I do with my breathing which makes me go dizzy.

susiecb Fri 28-Oct-11 10:27:28

I have given up Gin until Xmas and halved my wine intake - I dont really feel deprived proably a bit more sober thoughsmile

Annobel Thu 27-Oct-11 23:32:58

Late night internet shopping!

Joan Thu 27-Oct-11 22:34:17

Absentgrana - be careful when you give up smoking - my husband did at 62 after 50 years, and the shock to his system ruined his health. He now uses step one nicotine patches permanently and is getting better.

When you give up, go on the nictine patches for much longer than they say. It is not PC to say there is a downside to giving up, but there is, and much grief would have been prevented if we had known. Nicotine helps the immune system and is good for brain power. This does not mean it is OK to carry on smoking, but it does mean you should not give up the nicotine suddenly.

I never had that particular horrible habit - smoking - but I've plenty of others. Getting mucky in the garden and just not caring is one!

Annika Thu 27-Oct-11 22:25:16

bitting my nails sad

absentgrana Thu 27-Oct-11 22:12:38

I am feeling rather smug at the moment because I am having a break from alcohol. Mr absent and I decided that too many glasses of beer in his case and wine in mine were disappearing down our gullets each evening. I am feeling healthier, seem more clear headed and am sleeping better, although for the first two nights it took me ages to doze off.

However, I still smoke – not so heavily as I used to but that's not good enough. The next plan is to give that up.

I am not admitting to any other vices but what bad habits do other gransnetters have?