Gransnet forums

Chat

If tech could do it..... who would be up for a Gransnet singalong?

(292 Posts)
glassortwo Sat 29-Oct-11 20:51:58

How would you all feel about joining in for a Gransnet singalong, we could do it for Charity? Who is up for a challenge?

glammanana Sun 30-Oct-11 11:06:47

We could become the GNer's version of Calendar Girl's I can place my symbol's in a striking pose!!! grinGranto7 your poem is top's

Notsogrand Sun 30-Oct-11 11:16:55

glamma grin grin

absentgrana Sun 30-Oct-11 12:39:27

Gin-sodden vocal chords, so no singing – but I am masterly on the delta blues triangle. grin

harrigran Sun 30-Oct-11 12:50:40

I play a mean foghorn grin

jinglej Sun 30-Oct-11 13:07:34

Wouldn't want anybody singing over my pie and chips. Time and a place for everything.

Think I would have been right pissed off.

jinglej Sun 30-Oct-11 13:08:57

That was in response to the "flashmob" (?!) video btw.

Elegran Sun 30-Oct-11 13:28:16

But better than the screeching "singer" on those shop musak tapes who sounds as though she is being tortured. Music in shops is supposed to put you in the mood to spend. With some of them it is more like a mood to murder whoever is in charge of the wind-up gramophone.

Not that a Gransnet sing-song would be anything like that ......we'd be more like the choir in the video. Wouldn't we?

jinglej Sun 30-Oct-11 13:35:08

Yes, definitely Elegran - so long as I didn't add my flat and tuneless penn'orth!

grin

Will watch this space with interest though.

jinglej Sun 30-Oct-11 13:35:57

glass, you need to put a shout out for Josi tomorrow morning.

I'll do it if you like. smile

glassortwo Sun 30-Oct-11 16:17:39

jingle I cant shout at Josie, I am saving my voice you never know grin I am off to have a gargle....

goldengirl Sun 30-Oct-11 16:29:10

It would certainly be a challenge but I'll give it a try! It's a pity that nice young man on the telly who gets people to sing - old and young - when they've not done it before, is too young to be a GN. He looks too young to be a parent but I believe he is grin

Annobel Sun 30-Oct-11 16:53:31

I am very good at lip-synching. grin

GeraldineGransnet (GNHQ) Sun 30-Oct-11 17:07:34

Tech is looking into this right now. We think it will have to be done by phone (rather than online) - the question then is whether we all sing together - which would be fun, but could be difficult to organise - or separately and then multi track and put on the site. Whichever it is, I promise Cari, Josie and I will take part. I suspect both of them of being musical geniuses on the quiet but at least you will know if I am involved that there is no fear of being made to look a fool, because everyone will sing better than me (or than I, if you've just popped over from pedants' corner smile).

glassortwo Sun 30-Oct-11 17:52:47

Looking good, hope you are all doing your vocal exercises grin

jinglej Sun 30-Oct-11 18:27:54

I have just tried to sing along to Songs of Praise. Disaaaaster, darlings. Even with DD trying to help (a bit higher! you've gone flat again! think where you need to be and aim for a note higher!).

I so enjoy singing old hymns.

But could not inflict it on anyone outside of the family.

I would give you loads of encouragement though. smile

jinglej Sun 30-Oct-11 18:29:45

A charity that uses music to reach children with learning difficulties could be considered perhaps?

Notsogrand Sun 30-Oct-11 18:34:44

Great that it's being considered!

Could we all do it together if Tech set up a dedicated phone line?
Once the song is decided, the lyrics could be on line, with the tune playing so we stayed on the same beat, and bouncy dots going over the words so we sung in sync.
A date and time could be set, we could all phone the number, with an online countdown to start us off.
We could have a rehearsal a few days in advance to iron out any wrinkles.

Bear in mind the above suggestions are from a person that hasn't even got a camera on her mobile phone, much less anything with an 'i' in it.

What do more techy GNetters think?

Notsogrand Sun 30-Oct-11 18:38:36

jingle if anyone would prefer not to sing, an accompaniment of humming would be lovely!

jinglej Sun 30-Oct-11 19:31:26

I was gonna just say "hmm" to that. But that would have looked like a pun! grin

Sewsilver Sun 30-Oct-11 20:23:31

Being tone deaf think gransnetters might be very relieved if I don't try to sing. Family usually suggest that I "moan" elsewhere when I think I am sweetly singing.

Notsogrand Mon 31-Oct-11 07:22:16

Bump

jinglej Mon 31-Oct-11 09:27:49

Bump bump smile

(till Josi tells us what she thinks of it. grin

lucid Mon 31-Oct-11 11:32:17

I used to sing in a choir ....many,many years ago, so I'll have a go. Loved the flashmob video, it brought back memories of singing The Hallelujah Chorus when I was but a teenager at school.smile

Notsogrand Mon 31-Oct-11 11:38:26

If you were in a choir lucid, can you recommend any easyish songs we could choose from?

jinglej Mon 31-Oct-11 12:58:55

Oi! JOSE - Geraldine reckons you're up for this. Come and tell us what you really think.

WE won't tell her.