Gransnet forums

Chat

Boiling broonie. Pleas do not post on this thread.

(62 Posts)
jingl Mon 28-Nov-11 17:30:17

I am just keeping the recipe here. smile

jingl Sat 03-Dec-11 22:29:34

I made their dark and fruity Xmas pudding, on the same page.

yogagran Sat 03-Dec-11 23:24:19

I was given a bottle of Amaretto one year for Christmas or Birthday jingl and it was truly delicious..... Finishing off the rest of the bottle would be no problem, lovely on crushed ice as it takes away the sweetness a little. I can recommend it

jingl Sat 03-Dec-11 23:31:00

Thank you Yoga. Perhaps I will splash out then and give it a try. I'm sure someone will manage to drink it up! grin

yogagran Sat 03-Dec-11 23:35:30

I will if you don't grin

Oldgreymare Sun 04-Dec-11 22:38:44

Jingle cake NOT baked today! OG fed up with decorating Kitchen, so I stepped in to give him a break!hmm
Amaretto in Sainsburys £12 or 2 for £20.... had a bit of housekeeping left this week so splashed out blush... looking forward to finishing off BOTH bottles, will follow yogagran's suggestion... hic
Christmas pud sounds good but I made a 2 a couple of weeks ago ( I used to make far more but the family now scattered and tend not to visit over Christmas sad

jingl Sun 04-Dec-11 23:10:20

I am definitely going to make it. DD has offered to make trifle with the rest of the bottle. I will see what it tastes like as to whether I let her waste it on do that or not. smile

glassortwo Sun 04-Dec-11 23:22:25

jingle my DD has just had a glass while we put the Christmas trees up, to
sweet for me I am more a wine or vodka girl grin

Ariadne Mon 05-Dec-11 04:04:03

Anyone tried the Christmas cake made with mincemeat? DiL (an excellent cook) says it's very good!

jingl Mon 05-Dec-11 09:19:53

Well yes, Glass. I wondered on that score. Sounds sweet somehow.

Ariadne, where's the recipe for that one please? I've got some (homemade) mincemeat left from last year could do with using up. Still tastes fine.

Oldgreymare Mon 05-Dec-11 10:32:38

Jingle now you're talking... trifle Yeeeeeeeees, especially with ratafia (?) biscuits to echo the taste!grin

yogagran Mon 05-Dec-11 11:43:30

I have used the recipe out of Delia's Christmas book that used mincemeat, I think she calls it Last Minute Christmas Cake or something like that. As far as I remember it was good, I didn't write anything against the recipe reminding me not to do it again anyway!