Gransnet forums

Chat

Early posters.

(12 Posts)
Greatnan Fri 30-Dec-11 07:48:56

At the moment, I am 13 hours ahead of most of you so I have to wait quite long time to see new posts. However, I notice some of you posting as early as 6.30 a.m I suspect that you are slipping downstairs to enjoy some Gransnet chat while your OH is still asleep!

nannym Fri 30-Dec-11 07:52:35

I get up most mornings at about 6 ish and spend a happy hour or so catching up with all the GN posts. That hour sometimes becomes an hour or two!! Morning Greatnan hope that you are enjoying your holiday.

bagitha Fri 30-Dec-11 08:00:09

Yes, I'm always first up, usually by over an hour. I'm up late today because I had a sleepless night the night before and a busy day yesterday. But no-one else is even awake, much less up.

Ariadne Fri 30-Dec-11 08:00:39

When I'm at home, I am often up and awake before 5.00 a.m. Together wilth several others. Mind you, most of us don't want to be awake then...but GN is great to flick through and chat.

Home today, after a week touring my lovely family.

Ariadne Fri 30-Dec-11 08:02:04

Oh, and I meant to say, Greatnan there's quite a big thread on "Anybody awake yet?" where you'll often find us early in the morning!

Greatnan Fri 30-Dec-11 10:19:46

I am glad, because it means by 6.30 in the evening here, I can look forward to some new posts. (Isn't it amazing how quickly Gransnet becomes addictive?)

Ariadne Fri 30-Dec-11 15:55:19

See you in the morning!

Greatnan Fri 30-Dec-11 18:37:24

Good morning, Ariadne - it is 7.37 a.m. here!

harrigran Fri 30-Dec-11 18:49:56

I am always awake early on the days that I don't need to get up early, annoying really.

Greatnan Fri 30-Dec-11 20:28:05

I know what you mean, harrigran. There were mornings in Winter when I had to catch the 8 a.m. train to work and I would have given anything to stay in bed. Now, I wake up at about 5 a.m. to go to the bathroom, have a cup of tea, catch up on e-mails and forums, then go back to bed and sometimes manage to read myself back to sleep for an hour or so. On the other hand, I have to record 'Countdown' because I know I am likely to doze off when it is on.

Ariadne Fri 30-Dec-11 21:33:19

Well, I mean my morning - maybe I'll catch you before you go to bed! smile

Anne58 Fri 30-Dec-11 23:15:18

On a work day (I work full time, Monday to Friday) I get up around 7am. and have no time to get on line. I might have a quick look (and possibly post) in the evening, but only here during the day if I'm not working.