Gransnet forums

Chat

JINGLDARLING!

(91 Posts)
bagitha Sun 15-Jan-12 18:29:02

jeni wants to know where the hell you are!

Annobel Tue 17-Jan-12 13:01:04

Maybe I should have said it appears to be a love/hate relationship and we've been through all this before!!

supernana Tue 17-Jan-12 15:12:09

bagitha smile thanks

em Tue 17-Jan-12 16:15:36

Jeni Annobel's right. We've been through this before and no doubt will go through it again. Some of us ask for a bit of tact and diplomacy, others send out 'heartfelt pleas to return', some have felt the need to retreat for a while to take a deep breath before coming back. How would you treat it in the family? Patience? Cajoling? Ignoring? I reiterate - it's your choice as to how/if you get involved!

jeni Tue 17-Jan-12 16:42:49

Me id rather get on with planning the virtual burns' ( pedants ok? ) supper.
Where are we at?

JessM Tue 17-Jan-12 16:49:24

I agree with em that there are bound to be the odd ups and downs in any group, whether face to face or virtual.
It is also the case though that jingl has previously posted that she suffers from depression and is on medication for this condition. (I hope you don't mind me reminding them - not confidential as you posted it, but it is a while back)
So we can expect that she might have a few off days or ups and downs from time to time.
She also brings a lot of fun to this site.
We also have different tolerances of swear words. I have a fairly high one myself but it depends on the kind of experiences you have had in life. (I'm the Nana who has to watch her language in front of the kids.)
But as there were at one time a proportion of people on this site who really hate swear words a norm developed that we don't use them much.
And when you are not face to face you miss out on all the non verbal communication. Emoticons a poor substitute for a tone of voice or a shrug of the shoulders.

em Tue 17-Jan-12 16:59:42

Jeni the apostrophe is fine but he needs a capital B. So it's Burns' supper!

jeni Tue 17-Jan-12 17:04:42

I'm like eecummings, I don't do capitalsgrin

jeni Tue 17-Jan-12 17:06:38

And talking of emoticons. geraldine give us sunshine!

em Tue 17-Jan-12 17:06:54

Take your point. One discussion we've had is whether apostrophes should be abolished altogether. Don't think we could do it with capitals though!

jeni Tue 17-Jan-12 17:07:34

Not hot on punctuation either

jeni Tue 17-Jan-12 17:07:54

Or grammar

Butternut Tue 17-Jan-12 17:08:22

jeni...be patient.......smile

jeni Tue 17-Jan-12 17:09:25

Not really much good at anything rally, but I will survive and enjoy life on the whole.

jeni Tue 17-Jan-12 17:12:04

My father wanted to call me patience, or faith or hope or charity. Thank the lord he didn't choose one of his favourites:- chastity and charity!

jeni Tue 17-Jan-12 17:15:34

That reminded me. When I was young I heard my father talking about the labour ward at our local gp maternity home. In my innocence I asked if the other ward was called conservative?

harrigran Tue 17-Jan-12 17:17:13

If you keep poking jingl with virtual sticks of course she is going to react.

bagitha Tue 17-Jan-12 17:43:47

Oh, come now, harri, that would seem to suggest that it's OK for one person to tease, but not for anyone to respond in kind. Teasing I can take any amount of, and I do take quite a lot perfectly merrily on GN from the person referred to. Plain rudeness is not the same. All it needed was a smile which she uses when she doesn't want to be ambiguous (or rude).

jess, she said herself what she takes isn't for depression.

bagitha Tue 17-Jan-12 17:47:49

You might not have seen the repartee between J and me, harri, about the use of jingldarling. It might put this thread in perspective.

em Tue 17-Jan-12 17:48:18

Think it just takes a little time for newcomers to realise that some teasing and tantrums simply indicate a need for attention.

Carol Tue 17-Jan-12 18:04:52

Can we have a truce between Bags and Jingl please? Every now and then one or the other of you presses the wrong button for that occasion and the same script is repeated. We love you both!!

bagitha Tue 17-Jan-12 19:42:52

Truce suits me. smile

jeni Tue 17-Jan-12 19:52:48

jingle. Please I miss your company.

em Tue 17-Jan-12 20:10:26

Jeni !

jeni Tue 17-Jan-12 20:15:08

What

greenmossgiel Tue 17-Jan-12 20:17:13

jeni - em is telling you to stop worrying! smile