Gransnet forums

Chat

Today I have been mainly...Volume 3

(1000 Posts)
Ariadne Sat 21-Jan-12 21:08:27

The last "I have been mainly" thread is full, so here's a new one! I have gotlots of fiddly things cleared today, and am pleasantly sleepy....

grannyactivist Sat 21-Jan-12 21:25:24

The Wonderful Man insisted I have a check-up, so I spent most of the morning at the hospital where I was given an extremely rigorous examination by a very nice (female) doctor. She's diagnosed a chest infection and given me a seven day course of antibiotics, but says I can still go on holiday on Monday as long as I go and see a doctor in Italy if things get worse rather than improve. grin
The WM hasn't permitted me to 'do' anything today other than sit and be waited on - which is why he's a Wonderful Man. gringrin

glassortwo Sat 21-Jan-12 22:10:12

grannya you should have been there before today, (take that as a ticking off grin) take care of yourself and enjoy you holiday, but your WM will make sure you are do. thanks

Oldgreymare Sat 21-Jan-12 22:30:10

OH B****R! Now I've really messed it up, did as I was told, for a change, and started a new thread.... gave it the wrong name and here we are... two threads going! blush

glassortwo Sat 21-Jan-12 22:34:09

old I would have done the same, I looked on the other thread and thought I have posted to grannya where has it gone, of course the glass of wine does not help grin

Carol Sat 21-Jan-12 22:34:39

ga get well in Italy with all that wonderful food, wine, culture and warm, fresh air x

glammanana Sat 21-Jan-12 23:11:06

Enjoy Italy GA and make sure you sample some of the wonderful ice cream on my behalf envy take care and hope you feel better soon.

Libradi Sun 22-Jan-12 09:27:36

Hope you get better soon GA and have a fantastic time in Italy smile

Faye Sun 22-Jan-12 09:57:19

Italy sounds nice, have a nice holiday ga and get well!! smile

harrigran Sun 22-Jan-12 10:27:30

Best wishes ga and enjoy Italy.

Oldgreymare Sun 22-Jan-12 11:31:24

envy G.A. have a lovely time, did you say where in Italy?

Butternut Sun 22-Jan-12 11:44:39

ga - Si diverta!

supernana Sun 22-Jan-12 12:17:40

Oldgreymare that makes two of us confused I've also started a new thread. HELP! hmm

Oldgreymare Sun 22-Jan-12 17:03:21

I've had a 'Chicken Licken' experience but, instead of the sky falling on my head, it was one of those 'special offer' notices.
I was innocently glancing into a frozen food cabinet feeling slightly miffed that the fish fillets on offer had been packed in China (but with a Grimsby contact e-mail no less!) when wallop, a blow to the temple!
I was more surprised than anything. A young couple paused to see what had happened but hastened on. A lovely lady about my age cornered an assistant and demanded that 'something' should be done. I was taken to sit down then had to remain there while an accident form was completed..... I do hope no-one thought I'd been shoplifting!
I have to say that the lady shop assistant who sat me down was kind and helpful, the two male colleagues who breezed up to 'sort me out' seemed more in need of a course on 'people skills', although one did offer me a cup of tea!
I was asked if I wanted to hear the outcome, I said yes. I await a phonecall/letter with interest! hmm

kittylester Sun 22-Jan-12 17:39:58

ga have a lovely time - you deserve it! smile

Anne58 Sun 22-Jan-12 17:41:15

oldgreymare that sounds a bit alarming! Do let us know the outcome.

Ariadne Sun 22-Jan-12 18:09:41

Think "Today I have been mainly.. new chapter is the one that's taken off!

supernana Mon 23-Jan-12 12:53:23

Oldgreymare Oh dear! I'm sorry to hear about your bump on the head. It must have been startling...and dangerous, too. ((hugs))

Oldgreymare Tue 24-Jan-12 10:49:59

Thought I might get a phone call to see whether there had been any new symptoms ( of which there have been none!) or just a:
'We're sorry about what happened, how are you?'

Nothing! They need to look to their 'people skills'.... too many male managers who looked more embarrassed than I did at the time! hmm

GoldenGran Tue 24-Jan-12 11:27:31

GM sorry,how horirble, hope your head is better, don't hold your breath waiting for that call.thanks

supernana Tue 24-Jan-12 13:07:25

Oldgreymare 'People skills' matter. Way back in the 40's, the local grocer knew the value of being attentive and courteous. Times, they are a changing...
I'm off to Glasgow tomorrow, for the final drop-bots tests. Gally get into ode-mode and make me grin

Oldgreymare Tue 24-Jan-12 13:13:34

supernana good luck in Glasgow, on my wishlist of places to visit BUT not for the same reason as you!
Golden, head's fine, pride is dented! Thanks!

glassortwo Tue 24-Jan-12 13:16:43

OGM hope your head is better thanks

Annobel Tue 24-Jan-12 13:25:53

super, I hope that you get a good prognosis and the promise of successful treatment, after all you've been through. Will think of you tomorrow. smile

OGM, I think that store owes you at least a bouquet of flowers! thanks

supernana Tue 24-Jan-12 13:38:25

thanks Annobel Won't have a verdict until late February. At least the proddin'/pokin'/pushin'/shovin'/enema'n will be over and done with. hmm smile

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion