Gransnet forums

Chat

Today I have been mainly...Volume 3

(1001 Posts)
Ariadne Sat 21-Jan-12 21:08:27

The last "I have been mainly" thread is full, so here's a new one! I have gotlots of fiddly things cleared today, and am pleasantly sleepy....

jeni Wed 14-Mar-12 20:00:48

Loved seeing my little angel today and the big one as well of course.
The only problem is I've strained my wrist somehow. ?driving . Lifting dgd? Anyway it hurts. So can't type any more tonight
Work tomorrow , so early night?
Goodnight all.

glassortwo Wed 14-Mar-12 20:26:32

Hello ladybird often do that, then I cant remember what I have written grin

gally flowers

grannya It must be hard to keep smiling when you wave them off, but the world is a small place and they are just a flight away, as they say you have done your job well sunshine

ariadne I am enjoying your travel log cant wait for the next installment, its fantastic to see what the fundraising has achieved and how it has helped so many people.

greatnan I am pleased you have had contact with your GD thats what you needed flowers

glassortwo Wed 14-Mar-12 20:29:07

Night jeni hope your wrists feel easier tomorrow. smile

yogagran Wed 14-Mar-12 22:13:27

ga thinking of you - I understand how hard this is for you.

jeni - I hope a night's rest sorts out the pain

Gally Thu 15-Mar-12 07:44:05

GA I know just how you are feeling. Part of you is missing and it will be like that for a long while. However, you will eventually get your head around it and it does become easier to accept especially when you see how happy they are in their new life. Keep the faith, as they say! flowers

Jeni take it easy today and hope the wrist has improved over night

Gleneagles was an 'experience' - never had my car parked for me before - and always a member of staff at every turn to assist. We spent the afternoon, after a walk, in the leisure area but didn't have any extras - I thought £190 for a basic massage a bit over the top shock. The food was amazing and was preceded by drinks in the lounge (although I had the forsight to take a bottle of bubbly with me which we enjoyed in our room beforehand thus saving a massive £90). I sound like Mrs Scrooge, but I found it quite difficult to get to grips with all the charges and surcharges - I suppose if you are really really wealthy it doesn't matter!! I think J would have enjoyed the experience but, like me, would have put it down to a one-off.
When I got home yesterday afternoon I spent 2 hours on my knees clearing the leaves and mud from the surface water gully round our kitchen extension. Duck eggs, champagne and smoked salmon in the morning and good hard manual labour in the afternoon - how John would have laughed!
Thank you all for your good wishes.

Butternut Thu 15-Mar-12 08:03:55

Good morning, gally - What a lovely post. smile

Carol Thu 15-Mar-12 08:19:04

Great to hear how you are getting on gally flowers

glassortwo Thu 15-Mar-12 08:34:18

gally that would have certainly have brought you back down to earth having to start clearing gullies once you got back [smiles]

syberia Thu 15-Mar-12 08:47:52

Gally smile

Annobel Thu 15-Mar-12 08:58:01

So glad you enjoyed the 'Gleneagles experience' and such a luxurious breakfast! Not so sure about the manual labour - you may have to go back for a massage after doing that. What is certain is that your sense of humour is going strong and one of the reasons why we love you. flowers

supernana Thu 15-Mar-12 12:18:24

Gally Gleneagles was a super gift to you from dear John. It made me grin when I read about your cost cutting tricks. We always take a bottle of malt with us whenever we share a treat. A few wee drams in the room...and by the end of the evening, we're feeling no pain. You are never far from my thoughts. Continue to get strong, and well done for cleaning the gullies. flowers

bagitha Thu 15-Mar-12 13:22:29

Good old gally! I'm so glad you enjoyed your treat and managed to dodge silly excess charges. smile

nanachrissy Thu 15-Mar-12 18:05:33

So glad you enjoyed it Gally,and as for cleaning the gullies, well life goes on doesn't it? flowers

jeni Thu 15-Mar-12 21:32:02

Where is everybody tonight? Have you all been frightened off by Borum?
I'm lonelysad
Even jing seems AWOL! [desolate]emoticon

Jacey Thu 15-Mar-12 21:38:15

I've only just got in jeni ...perhaps there's something good on tv that they are all watching? hmm

grannyactivist Thu 15-Mar-12 21:40:10

Hi Jeni - I'm here. smile

glassortwo Thu 15-Mar-12 21:42:06

Hi jeni we are all here just looking about. wink

jeni Thu 15-Mar-12 21:51:08

Good! I was beginning to feel I was on the wasteland!

glassortwo Thu 15-Mar-12 21:55:06

It is quiet on here what mischief can we get up too grin

glassortwo Thu 15-Mar-12 21:55:57

Did you think we had all gone over to the Oldie grin

jeni Thu 15-Mar-12 21:57:20

YES!

Annobel Thu 15-Mar-12 22:15:01

Today I skipped my session at CAB - didn't want to spread this cold virus. Had to go out though, for more tissues - have used an astonishing number this week! Must be fit for Saturday when I'm going 'down south' to inspect my son and DiL's new house. They move tomorrow, so I have been told I can help with the unpacking. Yeah, right! Assuming that they never want to find anything ever again!

glassortwo Thu 15-Mar-12 22:31:30

Dont work to hard annobel

Annobel Thu 15-Mar-12 23:16:49

glass grin

grannyactivist Thu 15-Mar-12 23:43:10

Annobel, hope you're feeling better tomorrow. (((get well hug)))

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion