Gransnet forums

Chat

What have you got planned?

(86 Posts)
grannyactivist Fri 17-Feb-12 11:25:50

Just checking my calendar and it looks like this:

Today: Funeral sad - Friend coming to stay for long weekend smile

Tomorrow: Breakfast with friend then off to visit eldest son (meeting in Cheltenham - restaurant recommendations welcome) to celebrate his 22nd birthday. cupcake smile

Sunday: Outing with friend during the day and then join with her and other friends for the evening wine

Monday: Friend leaves - Spend day with daughter and grandson (late son in law's 28th birthday) sad

Tuesday/Wednesday: Grandson to stay sunshine grin sunshine

Thursday: Meal and film with in laws wine smile

Friday: Teaching - Evening meal with friends wine

What have you got planned?

GoldenGran Wed 22-Feb-12 11:49:35

Poor GA take care.I'm not planning this week, DH suddenly decided that this was the week to decorate the bedroom, so , after having put our house back together again after th burglary, it now looks under attack again! However I shouldn't complain, he does get on and do these things.Unfortunately I seem to have developed an allergy to the paint, my eyes are streaming and stingy. OK I've moaned enough,I'm off sunshine

supernana Wed 22-Feb-12 11:55:50

Golden How comforting to enter a freshly decorated room. smile After which, I usually think hmm the paintwork in the bathroom looks a little shabby...then there's the hallway, kitchen, sitting room...blah blah sunshine

whatisamashedupphrase Wed 22-Feb-12 11:57:13

I don't do a lot of planning. To be honest I'm quite happy to curl up with my book/kindle. But things do seem to happen. Apparently, this pm I am going shopping with DS for kitchen knives (for his kitchen, of course hmm)

I wonder who will pay. No I don't. I know. hmm

whatisamashedupphrase Wed 22-Feb-12 11:58:05

granny-a, You really must rest more. And keep indoors in the warm.

Sorry to nag.

GoldenGran Wed 22-Feb-12 12:01:31

super yes it will be lovely, and yes the hallwnd stairs are looking a bit shabby...hmm

grannyactivist Wed 22-Feb-12 13:05:56

Happy to be in bed; got a headache, stinging eyes, runny nose, sore throat, bad cough..............oh woe is me! The Wonderful Man cooked for me last night and has been making sure that I'm not doing too much - but he's just getting over a cold and going to be so upset that he's given it to me. Time for a little nap now I think. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

whatisamashedupphrase Wed 22-Feb-12 13:10:54

That's good. Shush-a-byes granny-a. tiptoes out.

supernana Wed 22-Feb-12 13:15:56

bagitha as I shall not be GNetting for a wee while, I just want to say, that I hope you'll recover from the nasty bugs and be your usual sprightly self when I return. smile x

glammanana Wed 22-Feb-12 13:31:07

Supernana Enjoy !

numberplease Wed 22-Feb-12 15:29:52

Crimson, I can`t remember all the names, but it WAS a long time ago. The one I was on was recorded towards the end of May, and transmitted on July 4th, if that`s any help? There was an Indian gentleman called Raj, or something like that, and a young (very good looking)man called Glen. There was a tall man in a red shirt who was a civilian worker with the police force, I think in Nottingham, and another man in a red shirt and white suit.