Gransnet forums

Chat

WHATSIT!!!!!!!!!!

(37 Posts)
whatisamashedupphrase Mon 20-Feb-12 12:48:09

What happened about your slipper then? (thought you hadn't been on here for some time. Was this why?)

absentgrana Tue 21-Feb-12 12:29:50

There's nothing like having five cats weaving around your ankles, then stopping, then going and weaving again as you totter downstairs first thing in the morning to put your bones and body at risk. So far, so good… I once broke both bones in my lower leg falling into what amounted to a gutter – and I had had only a glass or two. What did the damage was pulling my over 6-foot then husband over on top of my slightly folded leg as we were holding hands at the time.

shysal Tue 21-Feb-12 12:09:24

Hope you Croc wearers use the heel strap, otherwise they can be as dangerous as any other mules.

Ariadne Tue 21-Feb-12 11:09:27

I love my crocs; I know they are ugly but they are perfect for me and my crummy feet!

yogagran Mon 20-Feb-12 22:00:25

I've given up on slippers and now always wear crocs around the house. Nice coloured ones. And I can go outside to the washing line, the bin or anywhere else without having to change shoes and they are SO comfortable

Notsogrand Mon 20-Feb-12 17:24:56

Ouch to small toes!

Zephrine Mon 20-Feb-12 17:21:31

I've done that Ariadne only it was the corner of the piano. Who would think such a small thing could hurt so much!!

jeni Mon 20-Feb-12 17:02:41

Ouch! [sympathy]emoticon!

Ariadne Mon 20-Feb-12 17:00:06

Last time I wandered about barefoot, one hot summer's day (remember them?) I stubbed my little toe, and broke it, on the corner of a pine trunk. Oh, it hurt SO much!

jeni Mon 20-Feb-12 16:41:45

I was barefoot when I fell, as usually I am surer footed then!

Notsogrand Mon 20-Feb-12 16:29:14

Thank you susie. smile I am now boringly but suitably shod.

susiecb Mon 20-Feb-12 16:20:50

Oh my Lord notso - hope you are fully recovered and found yourself a stout pair of house shoes now. Slippers are really only for bedroom wear.thanks

Notsogrand Mon 20-Feb-12 16:14:14

It still found me jings, and was much appreciated. smile

crimson, there may have been one or several glasses of wine involved in my slipper episode. (It was a family get-together) You are right. Falling over is much more rock and roll.

bagitha Mon 20-Feb-12 16:12:34

numberplease, when DH kept leaving his slippers just where I and others could trip over them rather than two feet away out of the way, I spoke to him about it, asked him again, moved them myself about two hundred times, then chucked them in the bin. End of problem.

I said nothing. He has said nothing. This happened about a year ago. He hasn't bought himself some new slippers either.

bagitha Mon 20-Feb-12 16:07:00

notso (not nice, falls!) – glad you're on the mend!

whatisamashedupphrase Mon 20-Feb-12 15:53:13

Notso. It has just dawned on me that I addressed this thread wrongly.

I'm Whatsit. You're Notso. blush blush blush hmm

I am so sorry!

glassortwo Mon 20-Feb-12 15:48:07

We all have falls notso so dont be hard on yourself, mine was out of the garage. As long as you are on the mend and your pom poms are ok wink

numberplease Mon 20-Feb-12 15:39:34

I need to have my husband re-educated about leaving slippers and shoes at the side of the stairs. At any given time, there aqre 2 pairs of sandals, 1 pair of shoes, and a pair of slippers, at the edges of 4 steps on our stairs. I`m terrified that I`m one day going to fall over them, but he flatly refuses to move them. Maybe if he falls over them himself he will.

crimson Mon 20-Feb-12 15:23:47

Much more rock'n'roll as people would assume drugs or alcohol related smile...

Notsogrand Mon 20-Feb-12 15:11:17

My sisters and I have decided not to refer to having 'had a fall' as it sounds so elderly and pathetic. Instead, we just say we 'fell over'. Can happen to anyone. Right?

gracesmum Mon 20-Feb-12 15:01:34

DH had a talk about risk avoidance at his Cardiac rehab a few months ago and when he came home immediately removed the bedside rugs in our bedroom as he considered them a trip risk. Personally, I usually trip over the turned back duvet when he airs the bed!

supernana Mon 20-Feb-12 14:58:37

Notso ...It's so easily done [tripping, I mean] I'm thankful that you are in recovery. A friend of mine tripped on the trailing telephone wire and caught her foot in the hem of her long skirt. Sustained compound leg-fractures and spent ages lying helpless on the floor. Now fully recovered having spent an age in hospital.

Notsogrand Mon 20-Feb-12 14:37:27

Thanks nanachrissy.

Firing on all cylinders again. smile

nanachrissy Mon 20-Feb-12 14:23:45

Notso, welcome back, hope you are all recovered now ((hugs)) thanks

Notsogrand Mon 20-Feb-12 14:19:38

Oh jeni, hope you're ok. Your stitches trumps my glue! smile

whatisamashedupphrase Mon 20-Feb-12 14:11:12

Yes. It's a nuisance about the self confidence. It will come back. smile