Gransnet forums

Chat

What animal would you be?

(35 Posts)
effblinder Mon 27-Feb-12 12:27:10

My friend was telling me about her experiences on a dating website, where she has asked all potential dates to specify which kind of animal they most identify with when they send her a message.

She has so far had three responses, all saying that their animal is an eagle grin.

So I thought us gransnetters could be a bit more honest about what animals we would be...

I'll start. I'm a wildebeest: bony and weird-looking and prone to long-distance migration for purposes of better food grin

effblinder Mon 27-Feb-12 12:27:53

My hair is also most excellent en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Blue_Wildebeest,_Ngorongoro.jpg

Carol Mon 27-Feb-12 12:51:48

I used to think I would identify myself as a tigress, but now I feel quite comfortable with being a gorilla, having seen how protective and maternal they are with their young, gathering them up to keep them safe when there is danger, and making nests in the trees and undergrowth where they can lounge around and graze.

Jacey Mon 27-Feb-12 12:52:22

An emu ...long legs, elegant neck grin

But really because I have " burying my head in the sand" syndrome!! I keep thinking issues/problems will eventually go away if I ignore them long enough hmm

crimson Mon 27-Feb-12 13:03:07

This is 'Northern lights' land. Daemons. I always thought I was like our old pony; she was quite sweet and gentle, but a bit of loner. Having been a brood mare in her youth she was very maternal towards other foals as she got older. And she could be a bit stubborn and often did the opposite of what was expected of her. Although she actually belonged to my daughter I felt that we shared the same soul. Or, perhaps we were together for so many years, we turned into each other.

kittylester Mon 27-Feb-12 14:13:38

Not sure what I would actually be but, given a choice, I would like to be one of our cats. Sitting around sleeping, being fed a three course meal twice a day, strolling out if I felt like it but not if I didn't, then, every time I gave a gentle meow, someone would say "Hello, beautiful, would you like a treat", and feed me some little titbit accompanied by a gentle stroke. smile

I could also poo under the bed (right in the middle!), right at the back of the wardrobe or in the corner of the sitting room and no-one would mind! grin

Carol Mon 27-Feb-12 14:16:45

kitty grin

Annika Mon 27-Feb-12 14:23:38

I think I would be a ant I tend to get on with any job in hand and work none stop till its all done grin

Zephrine Mon 27-Feb-12 14:37:55

Like kitty not sure what I am but have always thought Grizzly Bears have got it right. Splash about in rivers all summer catching salmon and getting hugely fat, find a nice dry, warm cave curl up and sleep for the winter, maybe give birth whilst asleep and then emerge in the spring nice and slim and do it all again!

harrigran Mon 27-Feb-12 15:33:38

Definitely a cat because I like the idea of being a pampered pet.

bagitha Mon 27-Feb-12 16:22:48

Happy as an ape, though I was a puma once.

nanachrissy Mon 27-Feb-12 16:30:39

I think I've always been a chameleon,changing to fit in with everyone else, but now I think I'm a bit of a dragon cos I got sick of being all things to all people! angry

Butternut Mon 27-Feb-12 16:32:56

A Common Loon

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ENNzjy8QjU

goldengirl Mon 27-Feb-12 16:43:24

Koala. Can snooze away the day, eating as I wish; be cuddly on the outside but use my claws when necessary - perfect!

syberia Mon 27-Feb-12 16:47:26

I would like to say I'd be something elegant, but that is not me!

A Polar bear, possibly, bit of a loner, but would fight to the death for my cubs

johanna Mon 27-Feb-12 17:03:43

According to the Chinese Zodiac I am a dog.
Which is a good fit: stupidly loyal and always grateful for a pat![hmmm]

Annobel Mon 27-Feb-12 17:23:28

I am a dragon on the Chinese zodiac. A powerful creature and benign, unlike the dragons of European folklore. otherwise, I'm coming back as a pampered cat - with road sense!

jeni Mon 27-Feb-12 17:45:50

A sloth!

apricot Mon 27-Feb-12 18:40:31

A cat, for a life of idleness and entirely self-centred but would have to be a loved pet, not a poor stray.

Annobel Mon 27-Feb-12 19:00:53

We shall soon have enough for a cats' chorus!

gracesmum Mon 27-Feb-12 19:42:21

In Chinese terms I believe I am a rat, but I see myself as a comfortable slightly elderly Labrador - omniverous, faithful, loving , as johanna says, pathetically grateful for a pat, enjoying sleeping, eating then sleeping again. I would not chase any of the Gransnet cats as they would probably be in the next county by the time I had roused myself - and anyway, life is too short grin[woof]

Granny23 Mon 27-Feb-12 20:19:49

The animal I most identify with is the Penguin. They are faithful, community and family oriented, so smartly dressed with just a hint of bright colour, spend their time swimming, sliding and eating fish - what's not to like? I particularly empathise with the way they fall over, get up and look round quickly to see if anyone noticed, before resuming their dignity.

I have an adopted Penguin, called Bruce at Edinburgh Zoo, a recurring Mother's day present from my daughters.

Click here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=SkY03n0_sD8&vq=medium

grannyactivist Mon 27-Feb-12 21:29:17

Granny23 I just did an online quiz to determine which animal I would be and yes, I too was a penguin. But, being me, (somewhat thorough) I decided to do a little more research and duly completed three more, different, quizzes. So imagine a creature which is a cross between penguin, cat, bison and owl - and that's me!! confused

Joan Tue 28-Feb-12 10:12:25

I'm torn between a cat and a bird, but I think I'll give up the ability to fly and be a lovely pampered short hair pussy cat.

Annobel Tue 28-Feb-12 10:25:25

Miaou!