Gransnet forums

Chat

Travelling in taxi with baby ?

(5 Posts)
grannyactivist Sat 17-Mar-12 23:28:56

My daughter and I have had to use London taxis with my grandson, so checked this out quite carefully. www.childcarseats.org.uk/law/index.htm

yogagran Sat 17-Mar-12 22:21:50

Sorry jeni - confused again confused Just had it in my mind that I knew you are ones of the clever ones!

jeni Sat 17-Mar-12 22:05:46

Hey I'm a doctor! My knowledge of law is strictly dwp medically related benefits. Sorry. But if anyone knows can they let me know as well as my dd uses a sling as well!

yogagran Sat 17-Mar-12 21:26:28

I Googled this question and came up with this page:

www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Law/Civil/Question760372.html

It's worth checking on the link through to the BBC news page as well as that gives clear advice. Probably well worth a lot of us "grans" keeping up to date with this information too, never know when we may be called on to collect or deliver children unexpectedly.

Perhaps jeni or someone else suitably qualified may be watching this thread to give us confirmation of a definitive legal answer

frida Sat 17-Mar-12 10:26:52

DD 'wears' GD in a sling when out and about especially when using buses, could she travel in a taxi with babe or does she need a car seat ?
They were held up at the bus station for over an hour and babe getting a bit cross ( mummy too, a bit upset ). The taxi rank is nearby so would have been handy to take taxi home, worth the expense in the circumstances I think.