Gransnet forums

Chat

What's good in your world....?

(198 Posts)
grannyactivist Tue 08-May-12 00:57:41

This weekend I've enjoyed a champagne tea party (where I met a man who really is a 'rocket scientist');
watched all the episodes (do date) of The Bridge;
cleaned the patio and planted some pretty spring flowers round the pond;
attended a 'literary salon' (not really sure what it's about yet, but it was fun meeting lots of new people);
had a lovely chat with the Wonderful Man (who has now been gone since Friday morning and is almost at Hirtshals, North Denmark)
and spent a lovely morning with my daughter, her fiance and my grandson.

Finally - and most importantly - after a terrible accident which resulted in her developing meningitis, the 7 month old granddaughter of a friend is improving and it seems the anticipated damage will be less severe than was expected.

What's good for you right now?

soop Mon 21-May-12 18:31:32

jeni and I'm certain that she REALLY LOVES YOU. smile

Virtual crescent moon time for me. Until the morrow, take good care of yourselves.

jeni Mon 21-May-12 17:09:39

I do REALLY LOVE my DD!

jeni Mon 21-May-12 17:09:04

I've already got her a bodrhum!

Annobel Mon 21-May-12 16:52:55

How about a drum kit next time? Plus a set of earplugs. grin

jeni Mon 21-May-12 16:33:12

Well my dd has just put on her Facebook she's fighting with 11month dd for the hammers grin a successful surprise I think!

nanaej Mon 21-May-12 16:31:08

I love giving musical instruments as gift..if it is just to see the parents' reaction grin

soop Mon 21-May-12 16:01:56

jeni such a nice treat for you all. We gave our wee man a xylophone. His mummy heard the music as she turned the corner into the road where they live. Subtle...wee man is not! grin

jeni Mon 21-May-12 15:57:04

Just back from DD and DGD took a lovely wooden xylophone and a mini harp up. Both taken with both! I had to tell them not to squabble over them!
DD starts to pick out a tune ,then DGD grabs the instruement off her!
Much enjoyed my visit!

soop Mon 21-May-12 15:34:43

Ariadne ...and we're happy that you're happy...grin sunshine flowers

whenim64 Mon 21-May-12 15:06:52

Ariadne sunshine

Ariadne Mon 21-May-12 14:59:38

So much is good at the moment - the adoption panel for DS and DDiL, the offer on the house, the sun is now shining and the garden looks great. I am happy.

Daisyanswerdo Mon 21-May-12 12:07:03

Thank you Annobel.

Annobel Mon 21-May-12 12:04:29

Belated happy birthday, Daisy. And best wishes for a good year to come. cupcake sunshine

Daisyanswerdo Mon 21-May-12 12:02:32

Alison we share a birthday. I spent mine with my two sons, their wives and their children, and I skyped my daughter who lives in the USA. One DIL made me a cake and I blew the candles out. Later, because the children wanted to, they put a few candles on a cupcake and I blew too hard and the cupcake went on the floor. Great joy to see the 4 grandchildren interacting. They don't meet very often.

nightowl Mon 21-May-12 11:57:58

Belated birthday wishes AlisonMA glad you had a lovely day, in spite of painting radiators! flowers

And congratulations nanej you are right, Sunday is a lovely day to be born (or to have a birthday). My daughter was born at home on a beautiful Sunday morning and it felt very special (but then they all do, and are) flowers to you and the proud parents x

nanaej Mon 21-May-12 11:39:27

Good day to be born on Alison hope you had a lovely day! I have a good friend who shares your b'day and now my new grandson...Sunday's child!

AlisonMA Mon 21-May-12 11:04:25

Thanks all. Had a good day, went for a walk and stopped by the river for a drink. Came back and painted radiators then had a good dinner with DiL's mum as well as son and DiL. They had a cake made with my pictures on it too! So long diet.

Ariadne Mon 21-May-12 05:27:10

Belated happy birthday, Alison! flowers

Faye Mon 21-May-12 03:21:43

♪♫♪Happy Birthday♪♫♪ Alison I hope you had a special day!

AlisonMA Sun 20-May-12 11:17:08

Thanks glass good so far.

glassortwo Sun 20-May-12 11:03:18

Happy Birthday Alison hope you enjoy your day flowerswine

AlisonMA Sun 20-May-12 10:44:19

Being woken up with fresh coffee and lots of birthday presents at DS & DiL's house near Amsterdam. Now going to DIY shop to buy stuff to work on their house during the week while they are out working.

Annobel Sat 19-May-12 14:58:02

They say it's summer if you can put your foot on 12 daisies. Who are 'they'? and whom are they kidding? grin

Bags Sat 19-May-12 14:51:18

What's good in my world? — Daisies! Several hundred on our back terrace and thousands more on the verges along The Road. smile

jeni Sat 19-May-12 12:26:30

I'm not surprised he's ex!