Gransnet forums

Chat

Little things that have made you happy today

(457 Posts)
Pigglywiggly Mon 05-Dec-16 13:15:04

Our local NatWest plays hideous music, really loudly. I really hate going in there, but had promised to pay some money into my son's account.
I was dreading it - but I opened the door and ...silence. I was so excited that for once it was just like a Bank and not Primani!
It made my day.

rosesarered Mon 05-Dec-16 13:17:31

The local radio station playing 'La Bamba' (Richie Vallee?) one if those songs that get you skipping about the house.....yariba yariba!tchsmile

NanaandGrampy Mon 05-Dec-16 13:19:07

Watching our 2 year old grandson taking part in an over 60's aquacise class. ( We just happened to be in the pool) . He made my day .

gillybob Mon 05-Dec-16 13:21:44

DH and I bought a real Christmas tree yesterday. It is the first REAL tree I have ever had and I enjoyed putting it up, so much.

I am usually such a miserable cow, but couldn't resist a happy smile when I opened the dining room door this morning and it was still there, looking majestic and sooooooooo beautiful I could have burst. grin

Luckygirl Mon 05-Dec-16 13:28:42

Little DGD is making us all happy today - she is 3 and trotting about in her onesie!

Rinouchka Mon 05-Dec-16 13:31:26

Just being alive and able to walk everywhere makes me smile.
Sharing your delight in your first real tree, gillybob.

Greyduster Mon 05-Dec-16 13:32:26

Driving our grandson to school this morning from our house and watching the sun rise as we did so (yes we were out that early!). "Drive slow, Grandad" he said "so that we can watch it!" The emerging colours, contrasting with fields covered by thick hard frost, were magical. By the time DH and I got back home it was so foggy you couldn't see your hand in front of your face - still can't!

Rinouchka Mon 05-Dec-16 13:33:58

Oh, forgot that I found a wallet in WH Smith this morning and ran after man who had dropped it. Happy smiles all round. Glad I can run!

Anya Mon 05-Dec-16 13:34:57

Just GD2 (5) on the phone this morning to tell me 'I love you Nana' ❤️

hildajenniJ Mon 05-Dec-16 13:36:56

Classic FM celebrating Mozart's Anniversary by playing his music all day, wonderful. A trip down memory lane at lunchtime, I made a leek roly poly to go with a beef stew. Yummy.

Mildred Mon 05-Dec-16 13:39:53

Went to dentist for a 6 monthly check up doesn't want to see me again for 6 months, lovely man but still a dentist.

Linsco56 Mon 05-Dec-16 14:02:47

Mum being told this morning that her kidney function has improved and her next visit at the renal clinic will be in 6 months time.

Jane10 Mon 05-Dec-16 14:20:17

DH telling me he'd bought me two paradise cakes at House of Bruar on his business trip! Should I be suspicious? Or was it because he was so well briefed as to what would happen if he forgot!

ginny Mon 05-Dec-16 14:41:02

The sun coming up combined with a very frosty morning. So beautiful. My little Grandson shouting 'Nan Nan Nan' down the phone. The sight and smell of the mince pies that I have just baked.

ginny Mon 05-Dec-16 14:44:46

The sunshine and frost this morning, so beautiful . My little Grandson chanting Nan Nan Nan down the phone, even though he then pressed a button and cut me off ! The sight and smell of the mince pies that I have just baked.

ginny Mon 05-Dec-16 14:45:33

Oops, thought the first one hadn't posted. I'll just be doubly happy.

JackyB Mon 05-Dec-16 14:56:17

The thought that my little GS is flying over for Christmas from America on Wednesday with his Mum. We'll give them till the weekend to recover from jet lag then we'll have a lovely time together on Saturday or Sunday.

The other granny should be coming round today or tomorrow to pick up the car seat we sort of share.

Kupari45 Mon 05-Dec-16 16:26:37

Coming out of M & S in York Vanguard today saw a young Mum come into store with a toddler. He saw the Christmas Tree and just stopped and said Ohhhhhh Mummy look at the shiny tree. The look of wonderment was just magic and it really made my day.

KatyK Mon 05-Dec-16 16:30:24

Shopping in a local town today where there were no crowds, the buses were on time and relatively empty smile

Christinefrance Mon 05-Dec-16 17:35:16

Lovely crisp sunny morning to walk my dogs. My first glass of Baileys for the festive season ( tumbler really )

sue1169 Mon 05-Dec-16 18:25:48

The weather.tea&chat with a good friend.watching all the birds on the birdfeeders ?

FarNorth Mon 05-Dec-16 18:50:31

Taking my hot water bottle, full of tepid water, and emptying it over my cars frosty windscreen. Frost all gone instantly! smile

TriciaF Mon 05-Dec-16 19:25:22

Went for a walk with our border collie a few hours ago, just as the sun was going down.
I never get tired of looking at the mountains on the SW horizon at that time of the evening. And at this time of the year clouds of lapwings swooping over the newly harvested fields.

TriciaF Mon 05-Dec-16 19:27:03

ps maize harvest.

SparklyGrandma Mon 05-Dec-16 19:49:12

Coming out this morning into a white misty morning, crunchy leaves then lovely train journey, nice and warm to nearby big town where I had a mince pie with squirty cream on it after a bout of shopping for presents.
Oh and found a new winter cerise woolly hat half price after looking at ridiculous prices in larger places.