Gransnet forums

Chat

Argy-Bargy Cafe - enter at your peril ?

(1000 Posts)
Ana Tue 25-Jul-17 16:49:37

Come on, you lot, are you all still comatose after reaching 1,000 posts last night?

That bar won't re-stock itself you know, and I'm too busy buffing my nails...wink

rosesarered Tue 25-Jul-17 20:26:30

Ah, here you are! in the doppelganger Argy Bargy.?
The other one looks a bit too tasteful, I won't fit in.....am wearing a lime leopard skin mini dress ( looks better on me than on the leopard.....if a leopard was lime green coloured.) with red stilettos and a bouffant hairstyle ( class! )
A pint of Guinness please and and some pork scratchings.

Ana Tue 25-Jul-17 20:31:18

Oh dear, never mind perhaps we can time-share with the other one - mind you, don't know where all the staff have got to, do we have to serve ourselves?

I'll just grab a pint of brandy before Menopaws catches me. What's your poison roses?

Ana Tue 25-Jul-17 20:32:21

PS I am all in purple tonight, even my teeth!

rosesarered Tue 25-Jul-17 20:34:05

A pint of Guinness ( have been waiting for ten seconds.....outrageous!)
?
Time share seems the way to go, and as the other Argy is nearby, we could stagger there easily.

Ana Tue 25-Jul-17 20:36:54

You seem to e in a time-warp yourself roses - on the other thread you said you only saw that one but had posted before that on this one!

shock

Marydoll Tue 25-Jul-17 20:53:01

Laydees, what has happened to you all? You seem to have lost the plot.
Myself, I don't think time sharing is a good idea. I've already messed up one thread tonight.confused.
I'm worried that the Admiral and the rest of the fleet won't be able to find us, now that we have moved premises. Oh well, I may as well have a gin, while I decide what to do. .

Ana Tue 25-Jul-17 20:56:51

Help yourself! At least that flaming ferret seems to have gone walkabout...

rosesarered Tue 25-Jul-17 20:57:21

Not true Ana ( really not true) as I posted on the other one first.
I demand an aplogy and a free pint of Guinness! grin

Marydoll Tue 25-Jul-17 20:59:20

Where is the Ferret? He is very conspicuous by his absence. I hope nothing has happened to him, I have actually become quite fond of him.

Ana Tue 25-Jul-17 21:03:22

You're right, roses - sorry! blush

Have a free pint of Guinness by all means, it's all free tonight!! grin

Menopaws Tue 25-Jul-17 22:11:17

Hey hey get out from behind the bar Bet Lynch and no it's not free tonight, bloody hell you lot are a bit sharp tonight, has someone left a trail of undies leading from the old Argy so the sailors can find us, I'm all dressed up and ready for an old seadog

Anya Tue 25-Jul-17 23:01:23

Got confused and spent all day doing up some other gin joint. However have arranged for it to be demolished (don't need then competition) by HQ.

Exhausted after all the fruitless painting so will just down a quick quaff of a quart of vodka and head home. I've fetched over the Champers and canapés from t'other place so dig in moon

Anya Tue 25-Jul-17 23:02:45

PS the gerbil is at the other place. Hope he is still there gets out before the demolition squad gets to work!

Menopaws Wed 26-Jul-17 20:42:22

Gerard is def in the new cafe as left tell tale raisins on the bar again, are we going to have an event to christen the new place?

rosesarered Wed 26-Jul-17 20:50:24

Yes! A Party!??????
Just what we need really, a good old fashioned knees up.

Somebody go out and get a piano, I shall be practising my repertoire of sea shanties, and my party piece.....( gargling Show Me The Way To Go Home, with a throat full of gin.)

Ana Wed 26-Jul-17 20:52:05

Anya, I'm so sorry you worked so hard preparing the new place and all to no avail!

You must have been at it all night to post your new thread so early in the morning, and it had fallen off the Active list by the time I logged on...never mind, have a pint on me (not literally, you understand hmm)

rosesarered Wed 26-Jul-17 20:55:11

You may be getting a pint poured over your head Ana grin

Ana Wed 26-Jul-17 21:12:22

That's what I was worried about roses! grin

Menopaws Wed 26-Jul-17 21:54:03

Where's Chewy if Geraldine is about? We did let her out of the cellar at the old place didn't we??

Chewbacca Wed 26-Jul-17 22:45:02

I'm here Menopaws ! Been a hectic few days and had no time to sit in the gin joint and get wasted but I'll be back. Thanks for looking after George for me, he's a plucky little fella ain't he? ?

rosesarered Sat 29-Jul-17 15:13:21

Sorry to tell you this Chewy....but Gordano is not really himself ( literally) it appears that we thought a stray squirrel to be your pet, and he is quite tame and likes peanuts, so an easy mistake to make. Can he stay??

A pint of Doombar please barkeep ( is that you Ana ?) The wig suits you.

Ana Sat 29-Jul-17 15:21:35

Thanks! I made it myself from a few stray merkins I found in the back room...bit itchy though...

rosesarered Sat 29-Jul-17 15:23:33

....and all different colours! So brave and avant garde of you!

Ana Sat 29-Jul-17 15:30:46

Bit ard to run a comb through though, I must admit! Will have t ask POGS how she keeps hers under control when she next ventures in for an organ recital...

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion