Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's comfortable and friendly kitchen...

(1000 Posts)
soop Thu 28-Jun-18 16:41:24

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals and jolly good company.
Never mind the weather
Never mind the rain?
As long as we're together
Here we go again...
Welcome and please feel free to open the Bubbly and tuck into a virtual Magnum choc ice. smile

Panache Thu 28-Jun-18 16:43:45

Do make it two or three soop I am in such a thirsty mood now wearing my newly laundered negative hat..........which bears the words POSITIVE in gold!!!

Sending you a nice welsh shawl Charley........normally I am the cold one,now this week I feel as though I am being baked alive!!!!

As for you Ann say nothing but I will donate a glass (or two) from my especially requested magnum, just to soothe your fevered brow!

Nice to meet you Baggs

Oh! Heck..............am I first in our new kitchen??

soop Thu 28-Jun-18 17:31:29

Panache indeed you are. Love the new hat. It suits you. Now that I've apologised to Baggs and opened the new kitchen with it's multitude of virtual delights, I'm away to to flick a duster and appear to be busy. wink

It ain't 'arf hot in glorious Kintyre.

Back with you all after Campbeltown visit in the morning. smile moon

NonnaW Thu 28-Jun-18 17:58:59

I followed the champagne corks to the new kitchen. I can offer some of DH’s delicious rosemary soda bread to soak up some of that bubbly.
Two dogs had a quick foray into the woods this afternoon and have spent the rest of the time comatose. Eyes are opening now though, as their dinner beckons. Travis is already in the queue (he lies behind the kitchen door so he doesn’t have too far to walk), and Purdey is eyeing me from her basket. As a good little slave, I shall go and get said dinners!
Enjoy the new kitchen all wine (sorry can’t do a champagne flute on the iPad).

GrannyGravy13 Thu 28-Jun-18 18:11:31

?????? to the new kitchen soop. I like the decor, as I am still fairly immobile (getting better each day though) I have given my kitchen over to Husband!!!!

I am more than happy to visit yours along with all the other glamorous gransnetters!!!

Have decided to paint the sole of my aircast bright red as a homage to those very expensive (and impossible to walk in) designer shoes ????

Wishing you all a good evening and cheers?

cornergran Thu 28-Jun-18 18:36:45

Quick whiz in, busy old day. Pleased I’ve found the new kitchen and the Magnums, just the day for them.

Oh charley, something wrong with your internal thermostat if you’re cold. We’re roasting.

panache if you look up BT CEO on Google there are several references to him wanting to know if customers are upset. His email address is in many of the articles. Not sure why but I’m reluctant to publish it here. Probably being silly, often am. If you can’t find it PM me and I’ll send it. Not sorted yet but we have a contact and it does now feel OK to hand it all over for sorting out.

I’m really sorry, can’t recall much of the final conversations in the old kitchen. I do recall that soop and baggs missed each other today. I’m sorry you were both worried but it’s good to know it isn’t just me who muddles things smile. I sent a message to someone earlier and said the exact opposite of my intention - good job it wasn’t rude.

I’m seriously tempted by a paddling pool n&g, just a bit concerned that if I sat down I wouldn’t get up again grin.

Off for some food now, take care everyone. May not get in for a couple of days, out and about and I suspect cramming in far too much. When will I learn?

Greyduster Thu 28-Jun-18 18:51:47

Wow! That came round quickly! Does champagne go with fish and chips? If so, may I have a wee glass please?

Funny you should mention Welsh shawls, Panache. Round at DD’s this afternoon I noticed she had out the fringed blanket that DH and I bought them as a housewarming present some years ago (before GS was born and then some!) from Melin Tregwynt near Haverfordwest. It seemed extremely expensive at the time, but it still looks and feels as vibrant and soft as it did when we bought it, and I know she’s always loved it. You can’t beat quality.

My friend is coming to lunch tommorrow (she’s Welsh too!) and I’m a little concerned about the heat. She has breathing difficulties due to IPF, so we will not be able to sit outside, or in our conservatory (even I am finding it difficult). Fortunately the dining room is cool and so will the living room be by the time we have finished lunch. I hope she will have sufficient breath for a good old catch up! We haven’t seen each other for a while.

Well a short visit from me, as I now have to go and make potato salad and a strawberry sponge flan before I can put my feet up! I will look in tommorrow.

annsixty Thu 28-Jun-18 19:13:41

Lovely new kitchen, I am one of the few who likes the smell of new paint.
You have quilted me Greyduster I have shop bought potato salad being delivered tomorrow, it is so easy to make and so much nicer but I really can't be bothered.
H has had two doses of antibiotics today, I really hope it is the cause of his extreme confusion,however now he is sitting quietly watching the football, he hasn't been interested before this one.
I am cooling down and in spite of the heat today I am giving half of the watering a miss tonight.
I have done the veg, the flowers can take their chance.

annsixty Thu 28-Jun-18 19:14:48

That should read guilted, I wouldn't fancy being quilted.

Izabella Thu 28-Jun-18 19:23:18

quilted ...... My imagination ran riot for a moment. Pleased the football is holding your H's attention anne.

Still gloriously hot today. I meant to walk to the ice cream shop in the park but got caught up in my Thomas Hardy biography. Tomorrow perhaps......... Meanwhile a chicken
Stir fry is being prepared by my OH. Smells wonderful.

annodomini Thu 28-Jun-18 19:27:51

Having just polished off my salmon salad evening meal, I feel in the mood for a Magnum, though, sad it will have to be a virtual one. Forgot to buy strawberries - how could I? All too easily it seems!

aggie Thu 28-Jun-18 19:33:26

Taking advantage of just me to cater for , M&S scone and a very large cup of tea , for my evening meal ,sadly I don't like alcohol

Panache Thu 28-Jun-18 19:41:23

Sorry folks for the way I sailed in to our new quarters still thinking we were at the closing down of the last!!!
Easy to know the heat is getting to me (any excuse!!)

Love the new style but I think someone needs to turn off the Aga in the corner as I would positively hate the magnums to explode in this extra warmth!!!

Thank you Corner if we cannot find the name etc I will certainly P.M you for today the whole business has virtually sent us both to drown our sorrows...........and NOT in champagne either!

Melyn Tregwynt........visited by our Prince Charles whom took a selection of their welsh shawls back to his Welsh residence ............and yes Greyduster they might be expensive but these you buy for at least a lifetime...........and may well be a legacy for the younger members.
Charley I hope you realise how honoured you are........and it does warm you up.

Talking about Prince Charles and his Camilla they visit Haverfordwest this coming week,paying special visits to two small communities,one Llangwm is almost within a good walk away...............so I shall be hoy polying with Royalty!!!

Good work Ann is sorting your man out and what a pleasure it must be seeing him sitting peacefully.These urine infections really to cause an awful lot of mischief and often go un diagnosed.

Enough from this Hottie,am roasting.... so I think I will take one of the bottles to bed..............together with a straw!!

Thanks for having us in your new abode soop

Night all.

Greyduster Thu 28-Jun-18 20:21:36

Ann I would be mortified to think that I had guilted (or worse, quilted) you! I rather like Tesco’s potato salad, but DH requested mine - probably because I always make a lot and he’s greedy! I’m pleased to hear that your DH is a little more settled - fingers crossed the antibiotics do their work.
My indecision earlier in the week about tommorrow’s menu (we were going to MacDonalds) has resulted in a decision to make a quiche with onion, smoked bacon, cream and a mixture of gruyere and cheddar cheeses. And salad ?!! Oh well, I can’t have it all. Should be suitable for the weather conditions.

Bellasnana Thu 28-Jun-18 20:57:31

Congratulations, soop on yet another kitchen extension. Your ‘wee hoos’ must have very flexible walls.grin

DD3 and I are off to Amsterdam at crack of dawn tomorrow. Going to see Il Divo in concert on Sunday, which happens to be my birthday, then on Monday I shall flit to the other side of ‘the pond’, to help DD1 move her goods and chattels from Minnesota to California.

You are all in my thoughts, even when I don’t post much.flowers

Doodle Thu 28-Jun-18 21:18:47

Another new lovely kitchen. How quickly we seem to move these days. Nice to have so many residents and visitors ?
It's too hot here at the moment so I have stocked up the freezer with a whole variety of Magnums (should be one to suit everyone). My current favourite is the extremely naughty chocolate praline one ?I can't resist them. ?

callgirl1 Thu 28-Jun-18 22:07:20

Are there any mint ones in that selection please?
That`s a lovely pic of you at Lochgilphead Soop. We took loads of pics when we went there the first tme, then David fiddled with the camera and managed to delete `em all!
I hope your hubby`s enjoyment of the football gave you a bit of peace Ann.
I had a surprise visit from baby Max this morning, along with his mum and dad, one of my grandsons and his fiancée. Max still has all his lovely hair, but he`s growing, and felt really heavy today, mind you, it could be me getting weaker! I`m enclosing a pic of the little family.

Maybelle Fri 29-Jun-18 09:01:53

Love the new kitchen, great views. Baking today, anyone fancy individual pineapple upside down cakes ?
callgirl great photo of the family.
Still not doing housework here, will play catch up when the weather breaks . . .

Panache Fri 29-Jun-18 09:43:17

Phew!!!!

`Morning garden crew.

Lots of cold ice if you please...........after all that champers last night, breaking in this new comfy kitchen, I am on ice cold drinks only today...............and if this heat pushing 30% here on our west coast of Wales continues I doubt whether I shall survive...............we are just not used to all this excessive heat!!!

Another short kip,three hours the max..............and of course I have to show willing and shake a leg as we have this dreaded viewing of a 2 bed flat in a Sheltered Housing Complex in the middle of this afternoon`s heat.
My heart is just not in it and with the weather adding to my difficulties........... it is more like torture!!

Sorry soop my negative hat has reappeared!!

What a super family picture Callgirl you really have something special to be proud of.

Hoping you are all coping better than this moaning minnie, and I wish you all a pleasant day doing whatever you have arranged..

A few wine bottles,ice,lots of ...........and cheers to you all

Charleygirl Fri 29-Jun-18 10:25:00

Thanks Panache I have a very cheap small blanket which I have been using-(even in this weather!) so something a bit more upmarket would ideal for me.

Admittedly I have only had coffee and zilch to eat yet but I must look for a cardigan as my house is cold indoors.

I thought that the football last night was disappointing so they will have to up their game on Tuesday evening because we are now at the knock out stage.

Because of the drugs I am taking alcohol is off limits at present but I do have my eye on a dry white. At last I have seen some weight vanish and this time it will be permanent.

I do like the new kitchen- I also do not mind the smell of fresh paint.

Ann I hope that you had a better night's sleep and that the antibiotics are kicking in so that the washing machine is not on permanently!

JaneD3 Fri 29-Jun-18 11:12:02

Oh what a disaster! My gas range cooker has two ovens. One failed last night and the earliest appointment is Tuesday. I just managed to empty a liquid chocolate cake into the burners on the other oven. Don’t ask! The lovely lady is trying to find an engineer who can come today. We have 8 guests for the weekend ?

NonnaW Fri 29-Jun-18 11:21:53

jane don’t ovens always choose the most inconvenient times to break down? Hope you get yours fixed soon.
DH has suggested lunch out today. Think it might be because he is off to Scotland tomorrow for a week on a residential jazz workshop, complete with his saxophone. There are a group of online pals who will be meeting for the first time, members of an online sax school. I’m not sure if I’m looking forward to a week alone or not. I’ll have to sort my own meals out without my resident chef! I do know Travis will be pining for his beloved master and will probably spend most of tomorrow lying by the front door awaiting his return.

annsixty Fri 29-Jun-18 11:37:28

Such good news and hats off to my SW to whom I haven't always been complimentary
She has just rung with the news that I can have 6 weeks respite starting with the week I have booked in July, somehow the 2 weeks I have already had have been discounted.
ALSO I am going to get 6 hours a week split up how I like with sitters coming in from the care agency we use and of course H knows and likes them.
My cup runner over.
Are you noting this my GN friend?

JaneD3 Fri 29-Jun-18 11:46:20

No one available until Tuesday. BBQ then!

JaneD3 Fri 29-Jun-18 11:59:42

Great news Ann - what a relief for you.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion