Gransnet forums

Chat

Big meeting at 9 am and haven’t been to sleep yet !

(41 Posts)
gillybob Thu 13-Sep-18 03:41:13

Just as the title says really . I have an important meeting at 9 am and I can’t sleep . My brain is on overdrive with worries and I’m pacing the floor . Considering just giving up, getting showered and going to work which is where I am really anyway . DH is working away (50 hours including travelling so far since Monday) . I’m not sure how much longer we can keep this up? This isn’t living .

MawBroon Thu 13-Sep-18 03:56:22

Sincere sympathies Gillybob, no helpful suggestions though, just wishing you well for later.
Please, please take a break, had a nap afterwards though flowers

MawBroon Thu 13-Sep-18 03:56:43

“Have”

gillybob Thu 13-Sep-18 04:11:28

Thank you Maw . I decided just to get up , make myself a cuppa and take my time getting ready . Sleep is clearly not going to come. I will probably fall asleep at my desk around lunchtime ? ?

BBbevan Thu 13-Sep-18 05:00:27

Wishing you both all the best gillybob . I hope all goes well.

morethan2 Thu 13-Sep-18 05:36:26

Hope today goes well and you can rest after your meeting.

kittylester Thu 13-Sep-18 06:09:38

I echo all the above posts gilly. Look after yourself. brew

Willow500 Thu 13-Sep-18 06:23:59

Oh gosh been there, done that - you have my sympathies gillybob - good luck with the meeting. Hopefully one day you'll be able to get off this dreadful merry go round like we did flowers

BlueBelle Thu 13-Sep-18 06:35:41

Isn’t it always the same you sleep like a log every night of the week unless something nerve racking is happening then awake all night long
Hope all goes well with the meeting Gillybob and it’s not as daunting as you expect

cornergran Thu 13-Sep-18 06:44:39

Wishing you well gilly, guess we’ve all been there with a head that won’t turn off. Wide awake here from 5, but cramp rather than worries. Hope the meeting is so much easier than you expect. Good luck.

gillybob Thu 13-Sep-18 06:45:04

Thank you everyone . I’m Feeling a bit rough now.

If only....... Willow500 smile

OldMeg Thu 13-Sep-18 07:27:30

Yes, knew that feeling well when working and still now, though long retired, have nights like that.

Hope all goes better than expected gilly

M0nica Thu 13-Sep-18 07:59:05

It is a vicious circle isn't it? The more you need the sleep the less you can get it. Hope the meeting goes well then after lunch shut the door, put your head on your desk and have a doze.

DanniRae Thu 13-Sep-18 08:02:07

Good Luck for your meeting gillybob .............. I hope it goes well.

Luckygirl Thu 13-Sep-18 08:23:24

And good luck from me. Some radical rethinking needed here - you only have the one life and your OH is vulnerable health-wise.

Take care.

We have jumped off seemingly un-jump-offable wheels in our time.

DoraMarr Thu 13-Sep-18 09:07:51

I do sympathise. Work should be part of our lives, but sometimes it takes over completely. Can you leave promptly this afternoon and have a nice warm bath when you get in? A takeaway and a nice glass of something seems in order for this evening. ( although I remember days like these used to end with a stiff gin and a bowl of cornflakes)

harrigran Thu 13-Sep-18 09:19:51

Oh dear, s**s law, really need to get a good night but your mind wont switch off.
Hope everything goes well and you can relax later ?

Squiffy Thu 13-Sep-18 12:02:30

Only just caught up with GN today, but hope all went well for you at the meeting Gilly. Worries and stresses seem so overwhelming in the early hours, so I hope that you've come through the meeting unscathed.

nanaK54 Thu 13-Sep-18 13:26:19

Hope all went well with your meeting and that you sleep well tonight

gillybob Thu 13-Sep-18 16:43:27

Thank you everyone for such kind words. after a week from hell and a meeting that left me feeling like I'd been through a wringer I think I will have a glass of wine tonight. I know it's not ideal to drink on your own (DH is away) but at least I might sleep tonight.

Thank you again you lovely people. smile

Willow500 Thu 13-Sep-18 20:47:06

Hope you have a better night - one glass won't hurt and might help you sleep!

Luckygirl Thu 13-Sep-18 21:53:56

Cheers - and night night. smile

Jalima1108 Thu 13-Sep-18 21:56:53

Hope all went well gillybob

wine - just one?
and sleep well

grannyqueenie Thu 13-Sep-18 22:19:47

Sorry gillyb have only just seem this post. Sounds like you’re under a lot of stress and I remember from other posts that you’re a really good support to your family too. Hope at some stage you’re able to reconfigure things a bit to make life more manageable. Wishing you a better nights sleep, albeit wine induced, for tonight! x

Maggiemaybe Thu 13-Sep-18 23:00:53

I’ve just seen it too, gilly. I’m so sorry you’re going through it at the moment. Wishing you a good night’s sleep tonight and a happy outcome from your meeting.